Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2010, 11:16 AM   #11

Location: Disguised as a fat guy, deep inside a secret bunker, drinking martinis, playing rock and country.
Send a message via Yahoo to kmessinger
Re: April 3 Oakland A's Fan Appreciation and game with SF Giants

Come on all! And you can also come if you are having the SMB built or even thinking about an SMB!

So far: Me+2, Charlie+1, Mike+1

Time is getting short! I need to know by Monday the 8th.

Regards,

Keith

Old 03-16-2010, 01:08 PM   #12

Location: Disguised as a fat guy, deep inside a secret bunker, drinking martinis, playing rock and country.

is still on for April 3. The fan appreciation fun for the A's starts at 9am and that is when I will be showing up. Look for the brilliant silver Sprinter - I don't think there will be too many - in Parking Lot A. If for some reason we can't park there you can call me on my cell phone number, 925-nine, nine, seven, nine, 2, eight, nine.

The GOOD NEWS is I have an extra pair of tickets for the game! Section 123, row 14, right with the rest of us. First come, first served! $54.50 per ticket. Drop me an email or just leave a comment here. Any SMB or Sprinter based Class B.

Come on out. Swap lies. Show off the mods you have made. Complain about mileage and watch a great baseball game!

Regards,

Keith
Old 04-03-2010, 03:00 PM   #13

Weather is great
Giants lead hop of the 4th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg  
charlie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie56
Weather is great
Giants lead hop of the 4th
We (A's) almost won! We needed a couple of Grand Slams in the 9th or 7 more walks and we could have dont it!!! It was very close . . .

What a great time!

Regards,

Keith
Old 04-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #15

I can't believe no one told me I had a wimpy step! Charlie embarrased me with his "manly" step.
The things you find out at meet and greets!

http://www.ourexcellentadventures.co...Get2Gether.wmv

The rest of it on my blog. If you weren't there you missed a good one!

Regards,

Keith
Old 04-05-2010, 12:55 PM   #16

Keith,

Thanks for picking a good day for the game. Friday or Sunday would not have worked - weatherwise - but you picked the right day to go.

Mike and Dorothy
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:54 PM   #17

From today's entry on OurExcellentAdventures . . .

Serious Step Stool size envy
April 20th, 2010

One of the best things that happens in a get-2-gather is looking at other RV’s “stuff” and seeing how folks cope with travel and camping.

At our last meeting I was very disappointed to find out that my step stool was small. First, I did not know they came in different sizes. I thought the size I had was adequate – I had never had any complaints. But comparing it side by side with another it was clear mine was lacking in every dimension. And I left that day feeling totally inadequate and irrelevant.

How could I make the mistake of having a small step? I knew size mattered but I guess I was just rationalizing. I thought back to the campgrounds . . . were those strange glances and stifled laughs because of the small, ok, let’s say it, tiny step stool? People can be so cruel.

Last week I looked into the mirror and said, “Keith, you are a good guy by golly and if anyone was judging you by the size of your step stool it was their problem.” I also did a web search using !bing, found and quickly ordered the biggest step stool I could find!

So there! Anytime you want to compair sizes, I am ready! It is the first thing out of the RV when we camp and the last thing to go back in. I’m very proud of it. Oh, we are going to keep the little one around just in case things don’t work out for the big one. You just never know.

For pictures of Charlie's and my step stools go to my blog.

Regards,

Keith
Old 04-20-2010, 05:08 PM   #18

Keith,
I pity the fool with a small step.

This made me laugh out loud here in the office

steve
Does anyone really read this stuff other than surfgeek?
cellularSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote