Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2010, 09:46 PM   #1

Location: Disguised as a fat guy, deep inside a secret bunker, drinking martinis, playing rock and country.
Send a message via Yahoo to kmessinger
Bad Beer Contest (Stinson Beach, north of SF, CA)

July 18. Pencil in the date. Details to follow. SMB Bad Beer Contest (no ales), at Stinson Beach.
Entry fee $.25 and one six-pack - Trophies will be given, 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Winners will be required to consume 1 bottle of their bad beer.

WARNING: There are some very bad beers out there!

Regards,

Keith

Old 03-28-2010, 05:47 AM   #2

Re: Bad Beer Contast (Stinson Beach, north of SF, CA)

I have a batch of home brew that I'm thinking about pouring out....... is this a kid friendly event? either way count us in.

Greg and Brooke
gregsmith212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:55 AM   #3

Location: Disguised as a fat guy, deep inside a secret bunker, drinking martinis, playing rock and country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsmith212
I have a batch of home brew that I'm thinking about pouring out....... is this a kid friendly event? either way count us in.

Greg and Brooke
Kid, dog, wife or (not and) girl friend friendly I will have to check the rules about home brew - we don't want anyone to die!

Keith
Old 03-28-2010, 04:31 PM   #4

Garage

I suppose you can't enter a beer that has already been consumed.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
I suppose you can't enter a beer that has already been consumed.
Well, you would have to enter a consumed 6-pak. If anyone wanted to try a sample and grade it I suppose we could let them. I think though, we would need a separate category.

In this case the entry would not be eligible for a trophy but the judge surely would.

Regards,

Keith
Old 04-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #6

Re: Bad Beer Contest (Stinson Beach, north of SF, CA)

Sorry it's taken a while to reply, we've been on a two week five state ski/ hot spring tour...... Most of my home brew is better than anything off the shelf, but sometimes things go..... well.... wrong! I'll bring a sixer of store bought "competition" beer and something good to help us recover.... see you at the beach.

Greg and Brooke
gregsmith212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:16 AM   #7

I am so bumed. I love bad beer, and Stinson Beach is a great place to get togeather with fellow SMBers. We are taking the tank and heading for Seattle that Friday, so we will not be able to participate in such a great contest. If the date changes, we will try and be there. Have a great time and enjoy those great brews (all beer, even bad, is by its nature good).

The Pecks
Old 04-18-2010, 10:51 PM   #8

Send a message via MSN to SuperSuz

This sounds really great, except for the bad beers. Can we bring good beers too to help create a spectrum or scale?

Also, is there camping at Stinson or is this a day event?

Suz
Old 04-18-2010, 11:18 PM   #9

This is a day event but you can camp in the area. You can bring good beer but it must be separated from the bad beer in an extra cooler or dragged behind your SMB. At no time can a judge hold a bad beer in one hand and a good beer in the other . . .

Details will follow. Up to my ears now in planning two other trips.

Regards,

Keith
Old 04-20-2010, 04:59 PM   #10

I'm drinking a bad beer right now. May have to do this and make an extended trip out of it. This may require some planning which I'm not particularly good at.
chop is offline   Reply With Quote