Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2018, 10:35 AM   #1

Best of Baja

In episode 9 of the BFG 50 Best of Baja, Cameron Steele and Desert Assassins give us an inside look of the most iconic landmarks and trails in the Baja Peninsula. From the legendary pit stop that is Coco’s Corner Ranch, to the hidden ocean cove, Agua Verde, the Baja Peninsula is filled with off-road landmarks waiting to be explored. I'm already planning for November's trip to the Baja 1000 and beyond.

https://www.facebook.com/BFGoodrichT...6354183081289/

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:19 PM   #2

Thx for sharing ! just watched #9 i will be down in Gonzaga 4/5-10 with some dual sport bikes and sidexsides & do a little fishin on my buddies boat & will check out the score 250 san felipe

2018 Racing Schedule – SCORE Race Info
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:25 PM   #3
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Sweet, now if only there were a way to access that without going through FB-I didn’t subscribe to it when it first came out all those years ago for precisely the reason why they’re in deep doodoo now.
Anyway.....#DropFace #FaceDump #Farcebook
Carry on....
Already looking forward to Baja next year! Going south!

'03 Ford E350 7.3L Diesel
SMB RB50 w/CCV top
Quigley 4X4 w/Deavers & Agile RIP kit
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
Sweet, now if only there were a way to access that without going through FB-
Try Youtube, I found a few episodes there.
Advanced 4wd
Old 03-23-2018, 11:22 AM   #5

I have made numerous Baja trips. I speak fluent spanish. I have made the trip alone and with my family, the last time was 12-16 years ago. Even though I still visit several times a year including Puerto Vallarta, I would not venture alone down there in todays world, especially in my van without a group. Making your trip during the 1000 is your best bet alone because of the traffic of the race. The police and military are on high alert and it does help. I would not have any issues going in a regular Jeep, Pick up, car but in a highly visible billboard such as our vans it draws attention even on the back roads. Once there Mulege, Bay of Conception and San Ignacio are my favorite!
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:00 PM   #6

[QUOTE=Vanimal;224217] I would not venture alone down there in todays world, especially in my van without a group. QUOTE]

Safety in numbers is always a good idea, and it's easy to find like minded folks to travel with. Never the less, I have traveled to Baja countless times since 1971, alone, in groups, by motorcycle, in vans, jeeps and SUV's, and have NEVER had a problem. Use some common sense just as you would anywhere and you should be fine. There are plenty of places in N.Y., S.F. Oakland, Portland, Seattle etc where I feel very unsafe but I have never felt that way in Baja. The storys you hear in the news are probably mostly true, but the cartels are targeting other cartels, not tourists, and mostly on the mainland. Sure, you could be in the wrong place at the wrong time, but that can happen anywhere, in any country in the world, including the U.S. There's an old saying that says, "the only way to make an airplane completely safe is to never leave the ground" I for one love to fly, and accept that it's not 100% safe, but that doesn't stop me from going.
Advanced 4wd
Old 03-24-2018, 08:52 AM   #7

Yes sir! But like I said I still go it's just less conspicuous! I travel up and down the coast from Puerto Vallarta but stay in hotels.
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote