Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2018, 04:10 PM   #1

Bill Burke 4x4 adventure van course 23-25 Feb Anza-Borrego

Bill Burke (4-wheeling America) is organizing a course for 4x4 adventure vans (Sportsmobile vans and similar vehicles).

Dates: 23-24-25 February 2018
Area: Anza-Borrego CA

If you are like me, this is a great opportunity to learn how to stay out of trouble and respect the soil, water, and vegetation. But should you get stuck, you will also learn how to assess the situation and gain confidence in using your recovery tools in a safe and responsible manner.

If you are interested, please contact Rachel:
Email: bb4wa@bb4wa.com
Phone: (970) 858-3468

Once Bill and Rachel know how many will participate, they will tell you the costs and other logistical details.

Marcel Huijser
1997 Ford E350 4x4 7.3L Diesel

Marcel Huijser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:58 AM   #2

We went out to AB last year to do the adventure van training with Bill and had a blast. Learned a lot about what these big beasts can do. Loved driving on the sand on day 2 which is something we don't really have here in Colorado. Good practice with recovery techniques and hope not to have to use them. Worth doing IMO.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:25 AM   #3

Good to hear. We have only had our van for a bit over a year and really need to learn what it can do and how to use recovery tools. From what I've read and seen on the internet, Bill Burke not only has the knowledge and teaching skills that I am looking for, but also the right mindset about respecting soil, water, and vegetation. I am very much looking forward to the class! If we can get a small group together I think the price will be quite reasonable.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:45 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel Huijser View Post
Good to hear. We have only had our van for a bit over a year and really need to learn what it can do and how to use recovery tools. From what I've read and seen on the internet, Bill Burke not only has the knowledge and teaching skills that I am looking for, but also the right mindset about respecting soil, water, and vegetation. I am very much looking forward to the class! If we can get a small group together I think the price will be quite reasonable.
Bill definitely has a Tread Lightly attitude, and has a lifetime of skill driving off road and with vehicle recovery. He probably spends more time off road in a year than most people will spend in a lifetime.

Both his courses' which are centered around vehicle preparation/driving techniques, and his 'trips' which are more about an experiential multi-day adventure, are well worth it.

Herb
Old 01-04-2018, 12:59 PM   #5

Very interested in taking Bill's class this go round.

I missed last year's class, even though I was the one promoting it here on the forum. It was organized by a friend on ADVrider who scheduled it before my van was converted to 4x4 by Agile.

Looks like my calendar is open that weekend.
Old 01-04-2018, 02:51 PM   #6

Excellent! Please contact Rachel to sign up:
Email: bb4wa@bb4wa.com
Phone: (970) 858-3468
Old 01-04-2018, 08:04 PM   #7

Same as eddyturn, took Bill Burke's class last year, echo what he said. It was great, with an outstanding group of people; Bill's knowledge, humor and patience is second to none; learning the capabilities and limits of these fabulous machines from a master is invaluable.
Jack K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:45 PM   #8

Would love to do this again but funds are a bit hard to come by these days.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:07 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel Huijser View Post

Once Bill and Rachel know how many will participate, they will tell you the costs and other logistical details.
Sounds awesome. Any idea of a ballpark of the cost? Maybe, what it cost last year?

Thanks!
crawpappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:19 AM   #10
Site Team

Garage
This type of class is a must for those that even had a lighter off-road vehicule. With weight things change fast and understanding what’s going on pre stuck and the recovery is a must to keep it safe.

Most the time the Copilot is Now Sophie dog the noise maker.

2000 7.3 PS Quigley/RB30 with a 6 window poptop.
Gooseberry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4x4, burke, class, training, trip