Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #1

Blue Ridge Truck Trail above Wrightwood, SoCal

Just stayed over night but real nice.3 miles off Angeles Crest Highway to get to Blue Ridge CG.The reason I bought my van was to get to the places like this.......Overlooking La Verne and Anahiem beyond.At night could see Angels stadium..Mt Baden Powell..Mama bear and baby bear prints..My middle kid went with me.Left Mom and Sis at home.Oldest is coming home this week.Maybe I'll take him.It's only an hour from my house.

stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #2

Re: Blue Ridge Truck Trail above Wrightwood, SoCal

Another 3 miles down the road is Guffy CG.Better road out to Guffy than into Blue Ridge CG because the first 3 miles are broken up asphalt that was probably layed in the 1950's and never worked on...Spectacular views.......Just had lunch but walked around and enjoyed views of both the High desert and Orange County.Ranger actually checked my National Parks Interagency pass.$5 fine if no Adventure pass or Interagency....The Truck trail continues on but gate is locked.It goes down into the valley or East toward Lytle Creek.But USFS say's No go...Wrightwood down below to the North..Mt Wilson way over thar..Tutonic Expedition vehicle..Fighting fire after getting water from the ski resort reservoires...Only about 8 sites but room for a meetup if the rangers don't freak....There are some boondocking sites along the road but no fires and you need permit for gas stove.There was 23 ft. Class C boondocking with a truck camper at their own camp(should have taken pic,darn!).[imghttp://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj524/stanw909/954_1840.jpg][/img].The smaller of to reservoirs.Sign says "no tresspassin,No swimming"..Looking North to Dry lakes...Quick easy trip from LA,OC.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:09 PM   #3

.Truck Trail pic that would not post.It goes down into the San Gabriel river (East fork) and Lytle creek but USFS has gate locked..Reservoir pic that would not post. Sign says "No trespassing, No swimming"
Old 08-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #4

Looks good for a quick trip. I agree it is definitely nice to have so much camping opportunity "in our backyards" here in SoCal.

Think I need to try some more camping spots in the Los Padres soon.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #5

I just gotta ask . Fancypants? I think I remember my mom once saying "Mr. Fancy Pants "in a sentence toward me or my brother. It was not meant to be flattering.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #6

Yeah, well, http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/vie...106820#p106820.

Inspired me to update my profile with a self-portrait.