Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2016, 06:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Damn, a ZF6 manual trans in a van. I'm very jealous. I would love one in my Excursion, and have a ZF5 manual trans in my Bronco.

Soon driving a manual transmission will be a lost art. Good thing my 10 year old already wants my Bronco some day.

Herb
....And THAT is why I own a manual transmission accord coupe. However after a week driving HellBetty I found I did not look so smooth shifting gears in traffic!
When my son bought his Tacoma at 17, I took him to Georgetown Ky to pick it up. I can always hold over his head that I had to drive it over an hour back to Cincinnati that night for him because he could not drive a stick shift yet.

Btw HellBetty is mad she can't attend y'all's Boise meetup seeing how she's from Pocatello and all.

Old 10-05-2016, 06:23 AM   #12

Garage
^^^ i forgot your in an ex idaho rig. she will be here in spirt

totally agree herb....the mt tranny is becoming a lost art. ive taught a few friends better halves and some of their kids to drive mt trannys. while they all did fine, a few of them are still scared to use one daily. claiming that theres to much going on. yet they can drink coffee, suck on a vape, talk on the phone, eat, and go through their purse all while driving....

i do the same thing too annie...get used to driving the van, then be unsmooth once i get back in the one manual car we have left. doesn't take too long to get back in the swing though, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
I'm trying to make next Tuesday but might be headed to Montana for a little work and fishing.
would be cool if you could make it nate, but id head out if I had the option too. what part of Montana are you headed to?
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 09:44 AM   #13

Have two days of work outside of Bozeman, three days to get over to Kalispell, and then a day or two of work there then a day or two to get back down to Boise. Browns are hitting streamers pretty hard right now.
Conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:05 PM   #14

Send a message via MSN to bettyford
Can you give me the info on this Low rider car show. I would love to go to that..
I am alson in Boise now.
307-690-2940
Ron
Old 10-07-2016, 01:36 PM   #15

Garage
gah, tried to copy and paste info but it made a mess of it....

Calendar of Events | College of Western Idaho

were meeting up around 9 someplace close for breakfast. youre more than welcome to join us ron. i don't know the campus very well, so im just following my buddies lead. we can meet up around 8:30 in boise and you can follow us out if youd like. ill text you regardless so you have my contact info.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
Old 10-10-2016, 09:32 AM   #16

Garage
bump up for tomorrow.

conumdrum, hows your schedule looking? something youll be able to swing or are you headed to Montana?

ron, was an absolute pleasure meeting you saturday. had a great time hanging out and bsing. rare that I cross paths with oldschool bmxers like yourself, so it was really fun to shoot the shit bout that stuff!

on that note, I forgot to mention that another van owner that will be at this meet tomorrow used to live next door to stu thompson way back when. he is gonna bring some old memorabilia for me to check out. either way, I know your busy, but if your around, hope you can make it over to the meet for a bit.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:00 AM   #17

Send a message via MSN to bettyford
I had to jam back to Jackson Hole, I've got to do something about this whole work thing. It keeps getting g in the way. So I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow.
Stomping Stu Thompson was from a different planet
So your friend is also an Alien being?
I would love to see what he's got. Next time.
R
Old 10-10-2016, 12:22 PM   #18

Garage
bummer, but understand ron. Ill take pix of whatever he brings along and forward.

no idea if hes an alien on a bmx bike, but definitely in a car. hes no slouch on a wakeboard, snowboard, or a mt bike either, lol.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:54 AM   #19

Garage
met up with ron a few days prior as he was going to be out of town for the actual meet. got rushed as we were leaving, so I never did poke my head in there to check it out, but she was all buffed out and purdy outside. that maroon is a really nice color.

i started by running up the street to hopefully find the owner of this little gem. a 90 4wd 3.0 diesel hiace.

gents name was brady and he wanted to come say hi, but he recently had twins and couldn't break away which is totally understandable. still he made some time to let me check out his ride. hes a lurker here, so if he reads this, thanks again for opening your van and taking the time to let me check it out. way cool little rig!

then i meandered back down and met up with firedude and we shot the **** till the rest of the group started showing up. definitely cool putting some faces to the screen names. sorry I got sidetracked once we got in the bar. ran into a buddy (and his wife that was our server) i haven't seen in 20 some odd years...

tysons new van was really clean, really nice pu man!! glad trevor was in town to come say hi...you can just photoshop your rig in these shots, lol.

nates (naterry) van. again, your van is way cool. great execution on putting your ideas on a canvas. I really like the open-ness of the layout when shes all open and exposed.

a few group shots...

brains (brian94ht) van. he really needs to update his build thread. hes done some cool stuff in this van. super clean dude, always enjoy your style

brains (firedude67) smb. nice and clean ride. jealous of a completed interior, lol.

cobys (obieone) advanced conversion van.

was great meeting the rest of the locals I haven't crossed paths with yet. next time, lets do this around a campfire...or at least up 8th street thanks for putting this together nate. was a good time last night.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:58 PM   #20

Garage
It was great to meet everyone and check out their sweet rides! Lots of cool stuff going on in that parking lot.
Thanks Nate for the meet and to Shea for cross posting here!
A must do again in the hills.
firedude67 is offline   Reply With Quote