Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2017, 08:27 PM   #1

Canada B.C. Summer Trip Report

After our fun Smith Rock trip, we headed to B.C. for the long weekend late last summer. Better late than never I guess

We headed north via I-5 from the Seattle area and crossed the US/Canada border at Sumas crossing. Then it was a short drive to Abotsford B.C. for the annual air show.

It was a super hot day and very dry. We forgot to pack water so we ended up "borrowing" some water from a bank (faucet was outside conveniently). Good thing we did this since no water was available at the air show camping area. We ended up camping for free as the main camping area was packed like sardines but there was a 2nd area which was wide open with no charges.

We dry camped here for one night and really enjoyed the air show and the fireworks at the end of the show which we can see right from our van.

Next morning we washed up with the aqua containers and headed to Harrison Hot Springs. We used to stay at the resort, but this time we found a very convenient RV park where we could walk the whole town including the fun lake. This was really run and kids enjoyed the water structure. No showers at the RV park, but we showered at the local Hot Springs Pool which was convenient. I did some soaking too in the local hot springs pool but it was too hot for the rest of the family (hot day + hot springs). We plan to repeat next year.

Happy New Year!

Supersporttramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:51 PM   #2

Sounds like a great trip. Just to the North of Harrison are several more hot springs, we did a tour of them last summer. Lots of wilderness camping too.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:55 AM   #3

Looks like a fun lake
Ninjaexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:07 AM   #4

I just re-read your thread, and it's inspired me to consider early retirement just so I could make the air show next year. Thanks for planting the seed of a great idea.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harrison hot springs