Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2017, 05:17 PM   #41

Here's hoping for awesome weather and not a washout, which has cancelled my camping plans for this weekend. It'll be a nice drive up the Blue Ridge though either way!

I should be hitting the BRP near Roanoke early Friday afternoon (noon to 1?) and casually cruising the last 150 miles or so of it. If anyone is coming from the south and wants to caravan let me know.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:09 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Here's hoping for awesome weather and not a washout, which has cancelled my camping plans for this weekend. It'll be a nice drive up the Blue Ridge though either way!

I should be hitting the BRP near Roanoke early Friday afternoon (noon to 1?) and casually cruising the last 150 miles or so of it. If anyone is coming from the south and wants to caravan let me know.

I'll be jumping onto the BRP about the NC / VA border at Fancy Gap (I-77/I-74) Thursday evening. Will continue on up the BRP Friday morning. Not sure how long it will take to wander the 80 miles from there to Roanoke, but I can hold up and be slow.

Gonna be in Cherokee NC this weekend after stopping at UJoint tomorrow. Pop over for a brew!
2014 Ford RB
SMB 4x4
GrumpyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:26 PM   #43
tlg

Garage
PMs sent. Safe travels everyone.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:31 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBadger View Post
I'll be jumping onto the BRP about the NC / VA border at Fancy Gap (I-77/I-74) Thursday evening. Will continue on up the BRP Friday morning. Not sure how long it will take to wander the 80 miles from there to Roanoke, but I can hold up and be slow.

Gonna be in Cherokee NC this weekend after stopping at UJoint tomorrow. Pop over for a brew!
Wish I could! Family stuff going on for me this weekend.

I'm about 6 hours straight drive from our destination and know I won't make Roanoke before early afternoon. Don't wait on me if you're there well before then. I plan on a leisurely drive with stops for pics once I get on the BRP.

Thanks!

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:31 AM   #45

Hi! I will be there. Need to come from Cincinnati instead of home and will be car camping.

Will be traveling east through Charleston WV onto 64 to DB.

TLG you mentioned the place offered a fire pit early on- will that be there? I don't want to miss that. Decided to meadow camp with the group and hope it's not a wet meadow camp. Streams are all blown out here (northern WV) so fingers crossed for good weather!

Really looking forward to meeting the group
Old 04-24-2017, 09:07 PM   #46

Have a great camp out. Too many kids sports we can't get out of this wkend to join in. We look forward to next time. If anyone passing through Cincinnati and want a break, , me and upzmtn are here and happy to show around. Take lots of pics. Cheers.
subluxation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:58 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
I'm about 6 hours straight drive from our destination and know I won't make Roanoke before early afternoon. Don't wait on me if you're there well before then. I plan on a leisurely drive with stops for pics once I get on the BRP.
OK... I will cruise on, then - the map says it's only about 80 miles from my overnight rest stop at Fancy Gap to Roanoke. I doubt it will take me all morning to get that far, but if there are photo ops along the way, I may be slow too.

PM sent...

Cheers!
2014 Ford RB
SMB 4x4
GrumpyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:22 PM   #48

Be aware that if you are driving the Blue Ridge Parkway, there won't likely be any facilities open. We were there two weekends ago and visitor center and bathrooms, etc., weren't due to open until sometime in May. Plan the bathroom breaks accordingly! (My wife was not happy.)
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:14 PM   #49

I've been in cincinnat since Tuesday and the road-gods are against me. Had to visit dealership for oil pressure issue in my Honda today, also long story short, have a repair scheduled tomorrow for right front axle replacement (apparently sealed cartridge so cV joint can't be replaced by itself.)
Anticating it being too late to leave for Virginia after that so sad to say I will miss. I supposed this is better than being on the road and having these things needing immediate attention- Sigh.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:47 AM   #50

Hey Everyone,
Have a great time and post some pictures. We are headed to Columbus for a 1/2 marathon this weekend. It looks like a wet run. We would be interested next year or later this year for an east coast meet up.
2017 Subaru Crosstrek
upzmtn is offline   Reply With Quote