Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Venue Preference for East Coast Rally/Meet Up
Devils Backbone Brewery/Basecamp Nellysford, VA 0 0%
NRocks Outdoor Adventures 8 100.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2017, 08:17 AM   #11

Will try and make this one.

Oogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 02:06 PM   #12

I'm out this year. Enjoyed the company last year, but I have since relocated to New Mexico. Bit of a stretch to get back to Virginia - and I might be in Africa that month anyway.

Hope you guys put it together! That was a stellar location. Loved the beer... er... a little too much that Saturday, but what the heck, I wasn't driving anywhere!
2014 Ford RB
SMB 4x4
GrumpyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 04:12 PM   #13
tlg

Garage
Update: Devils Backbone expects to have a permanent campground (hookups, facilities, etc) operational by late Apr 2018. For those that attended the meet up last year, the campground will be located in and along the tree line between where we camped and Devils Backbone "basecamp" proper. In the process of rate discussion. Will update with details when known.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:32 PM   #14

Garage
Do you have to have a sportsmobile?
snowgroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 05:29 PM   #15
tlg

Garage
Most definitely not. We had campervans of all kinds last year. 86Scotty even brought his vdub.
tlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 02:55 PM   #16

Garage
Very interesting, pencil me in.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:52 PM   #17
tlg

Garage
All, been thinking about a possible change to the venue for the East Coast Meetup/Rally coming up at the end of Apr. I am still coordinating with Devils Backbone but wanted to throw out NRocks Outdoor Adventures in Circleville, WV, as a possible alternative. NRocks hosts a Zip Line Canopy Tour, a Via Ferrata (no climbing experience necessary), and top rope climbing. Hiking trails are also on site. Primitive camping, cabins, and hotel rooms are also available. NRocks is a 20 minute drive from Spruce Knob (the highest point in WV) and a 20 minute drive from Seneca Rocks. Lots of gravel rides, hiking trails, mtb trails throughout the area. Check out their website:

https://www.nrocks.com

If there is interest in moving the venue, I'll start coordinating with NRocks. I posted a poll to gauge interest.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:23 PM   #18

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlg View Post
If there is interest in moving the venue, I'll start coordinating with NRocks. I posted a poll to gauge interest.
Your enthusiasm to maintain the momentum of this event is appreciated. WV has many great places and is very scenic. We have not experienced either of the two areas mentioned yet, so if the consensus supports the change, we are game.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:09 PM   #19

Lee, I voted for the new place but certainly not because I had a problem with Devil's Backbone. It's great and was really fun, however I'm always about exploring new territory and I think that's the habit of most Sportsmobile/adventure van types. I'm for what the group decides. It certainly sounds like Nrocks has a lot to offer. Devil's backbone mainly offered beer, field camping and good food. I have no problem with either but the new venue may be a bit more family friendly.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:21 PM   #20

Garage
NRocks looks like a good place to go and I'm all for a new place too. Maybe I'm missing it, but doesn't look like NRocks offers an area for van camping, only tent camping. Maybe Lee will be able to work something out with NRocks.

Before I voted, I would like to know about using our vans. Called them but no answer.