Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #1

Houston to Glacier National Park - With Photos Part 4

July 4 Today we spent most of the day in the mountains staying cool. The dogs had another off-leash romp in the open meadows near the Bighorn Medicine Wheel.

Each time I visit I think of the native people who built the Medicine Wheel an estimated 700 years ago and how they travelled up to 10,000 feet with their gear before horses were brought to North America.

In the evening we headed to Buffalo, Wyoming for a meal and a shower. July 4 is a major celebration in the mountain west, so most of the businesses in town were closed for the holiday.

July 5 This morning we got to enjoy one of the high points of the trip - one might even say one of the goals of the trip - breakfast at Main Street Diner in Buffalo. We had two orders of French toast with sausage, coffee, and an extra order of side pork (uncured bacon) for under $20. I nominate breakfast at Main Street Diner as the best breakfast in America. If you find yourself in Buffalo, don't miss it.

From Buffalo, the remainder of the trip was a 1400 mile slog back to Houston and the heat. Not a fun drive, and not fun to be back in the heat and humidity - but then there is the memory foam mattress!
Attached Thumbnails
Neasa and Lorcan.jpg   Main Street Diner.jpg  

RB30 is offline   Reply With Quote