Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2009, 04:52 PM   #41

Re: Is Baja really that dangerous these days? Surfing dec/jan

Mexico is a great place to visit, although it is made for men and not the faint hearted. Put it this way if you own a pair of penny loafers or subscibe to GQ magazine or think reading Outside magazine makes you an adventurist I would consider venturing somewhere else, such as your own back yard. However if you like living on the edge and look at life as an adventure and don't care whats around that corner than I suggest you go. Oh only one bit of advise leave your gun at home and if you have some old Hustlers or Playboys its a sure bet to get you through the federally check point faster. Oh and another thing pick your trash up when you leave its still alot of land that is untouched and not been ruined by some S%&$*d Americans.

lazzboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:15 PM   #42

Re: Is Baja really that dangerous these days? Surfing dec/jan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazzboy
Mexico is a great place to visit, although it is made for men and not the faint hearted. Put it this way if you own a pair of penny loafers or subscibe to GQ magazine or think reading Outside magazine makes you an adventurist I would consider venturing somewhere else, such as your own back yard. However if you like living on the edge and look at life as an adventure and don't care whats around that corner than I suggest you go. Oh only one bit of advise leave your gun at home and if you have some old Hustlers or Playboys its a sure bet to get you through the federally check point faster. Oh and another thing pick your trash up when you leave its still alot of land that is untouched and not been ruined by some S%&$*d Americans.

Funny you should mention that

In a former lifetime i drove a $300 AMC pacer from Cabo to Cancun (ferry from La Paz to Mazatlan)
We had no money
Stopped at Pemex and sold our stuff ( had been living in Mex for quite a while)
Traded Hustlers and Penhouse for car repairs
Blew a alternator in BFE and paid: One hutler, two hawaiian shirts and a pair of jeans

FWIW- that was one of my best ever road trips
Cabo to Cancun
27 days
on Zero dollars
always slept in doors
always had cold beer
always ate
broke down at LEAST 50 times
was with my Gringa and a pregnant gato in Mr. Blue, the AMC Pacer
billwilson is offline   Reply With Quote