Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2014, 09:55 PM   #11

Send a message via MSN to bettyford
Re: Jeep week Moab this weekend

You as well< did you spend the night along the trail? My wife was so pissed at me by the time we finished, she made me promise I would never do it in the van. with my long wheel base it would be tricky.

R

Old 04-14-2014, 10:25 PM   #12

We had the pleasure of two nights on the trail, the first was Friday@ Labyrinth B and we passed you on our way to Potato Bottom B. It was a very smooth ride actually ......... It was not bad including pot ash road from Shaffer into town on Sunday was about 80 miles of dirt of only 10 were unpleasant. I think counter-clockwise was good for us. We booked in mid February and those were the last two spots for this weekend........... in hindsight we consider it good luck. We are thinking Great Basin next weekend if anyone is interested.

J
tully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:37 PM   #13
Site Team

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyford
My wife was so pissed at me by the time we finished, she made me promise I would never do it in the van. with my long wheel base it would be tricky.

R
Really Ron? Even if you camped? It's a run I've always wanted to do. Hope you got some pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tully
We had the pleasure of two nights on the trail, the first was Friday@ Labyrinth B and we passed you on our way to Potato Bottom B. It was a very smooth ride actually ......... It was not bad including pot ash road from Shaffer into town on Sunday was about 80 miles of dirt of only 10 were unpleasant. I think counter-clockwise was good for us. We booked in mid February and those were the last two spots for this weekend........... in hindsight we consider it good luck.

J
Would be great to see a trip report if you get a chance. Glad you had a good time.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:50 PM   #14

Quote:
We had the pleasure of two nights on the trail, the first was Friday@ Labyrinth B and we passed you on our way to Potato Bottom B. It was a very smooth ride actually ......... It was not bad including pot ash road from Shaffer into town on Sunday was about 80 miles of dirt of only 10 were unpleasant. I think counter-clockwise was good for us. We booked in mid February and those were the last two spots for this weekend........... in hindsight we consider it good luck.
Perfect timing for a question or two. In 4 weeks we leave for a 2-week excursion into the Southwest. The finale is 3-nights on the White Rim. The first night is at Airport, the 2nd is at Labyrinth, the 3rd at Potato Bottom. I tried for White Crack or anything else towards the middle for night #2 but didn't get in on time. So my question(s) is, How would you (open to anyone who wishes to comment) approach the trip with such a large gap between camps for the 1st and 2nd night? My initial thought was after Airport, to take my time exploring to White Crack, then towards the end of the day make a speed run to Labyrinth. The next day, drive back up the trail to see what I missed on the speed run. Or, is there any way to boondock along the trail and just say oops? Do they patrol after dark?

Since I will have a full day from Potato Bottom to get back to Moab, are there any must do's to schedule?
charlie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:38 PM   #15

I am not aware of road conditions on the airport side but I'd almost say give up the airport night and camp in town ......drive it in a rented jeep like betty and then head in counter-clockwise and enjoy. otherwise its a long haul and then a backtrack of an hour or so for you Potato bottom night. We drove the shafer to pot ash into moab and it was way too bumpy to enjoy......... What camps did you get ? Potato a-b or c and lab a or b ?

Have fun and travel safe.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:03 PM   #16

Quote:
What camps did you get ? Potato a-b or c and lab a or b ?
Airport D
Labyrinth A
Potato Bottom A
charlie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:45 PM   #17

Nice ...... day two is going to be a long one.