Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2018, 10:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
Nice trip report, thanks for posting. Just curious about the average day and night temps you were exposed to? I'd think that time of year would be a bit toasty.
It was rather toasty. The highest we noted in Utah was 102 down near Bluff at the South end of Butler Wash. It was consistently in the high 90s during the day. We slee below with our heads to the back and we slept with the back and barn doors open quite a few nights. The afternoon thunderstorms which we had most days tended to moderate the evening temperatures. Evening temperatures were mostly in the 70s but a bit cooler just before dawn. We camped at altitudes ranging from 4000 ft to 7000 ft with the higher in general being cooler. Of course coming across the Southern desert we did see 107 during the day. There were any nights when it was too hot to sleep.

DesertSMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:18 PM   #12

I do note that we always kept at least one water bottle cooling in the fridge to have cold water for the drive.
DesertSMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:17 AM   #13

Outstanding.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:39 AM   #14

Great report. I'm re-inspired to continue exploring that part of the country, but I think I'll wait until the temps are a bit lower. Thanks for posting.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:29 PM   #15

Garage
Thank you for sharing your trip - some great Pic's. It's cool to stop and ponder the intended message of Rock Art. Your pictures brought back a fond memory: We once met another couple who were kind enough to stay & spend 20 minutes to share this really cool & interesting story behind a relatively large wall of Rock art...When he concluded his story they both paused for a moment, then started cracking up. He made it all up! We all had a good laugh...funny though, it all seemed credible & logical.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:28 PM   #16

Great pictures and trip report. We just completed a similar trip mid to end of July, also starting at Potato patch campground, camping at Moki dugout and the San Juan River.
John S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:58 PM   #17
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSMB View Post
I do note that we always kept at least one water bottle cooling in the fridge to have cold water for the drive.

Thanks for the info. I'm one to avoid hot weather most of the time. 70 at night is fine, it's those times where the evening temps are in the 80 degree point where I have a hard time sleeping. Outside Moab once the heat radiating off the PH top woke me up. By 7am it was in the 90's where I made the quickest camp tear-down in my life and headed to Colorado. The next morning I woke up to snow.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote