Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2018, 10:20 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to illking
last chance canyon and red rock canyon area

about a month ago my buddy @ohpyramids and I headed out to Mojave for a weekend of dirt biking, camping and breaking in our friends new raptor.

@ohpyramids and I left a rainy Los Angeles around 8:30 pm and arrived at Last Chance Canyon trail sometime around 11:30pm. We aired down, locked in our hubs and shifted into 4lo and ventured into the dark canyon. With dirtbikes on hitch haulers dangling off the rear of our vans we started the crawl through the canyon, It wasn't long before we were stacking rocks to help us over boulders the size of mini-fridges and to gain us clearance for the hitch haulers. Around 2.4 miles in at a big rock step we took the bypass on the right, at night in full-size vans with hitch haulers even the bypass routes were tricky. It was pretty narrow and many parts of the bypass were washed out likely from recent rains. We managed to make it a bit past the V-Notch obstacle using the bypass. The bypass was washed out and too off camber for us to risk the crossing so we then managed to get the vans turned around and head out of the canyon.

I think by now its nearly 3 or 4am and we're back where we started . We head for Mesquite canyon and make our way toward Bickle camp to find a place to sleep for the night. Around 5 am we are both so roasted that we just pull off the trail and sleep in the vans.

Saturday am we woke up to the rest of the group who saw us parked along the trail and we all found a nice place to camp for the weekend. We ripped around on bikes, shredded in the raptor, explored mines and enjoyed a warm fire and some good star gazing. Next time well have to finish Last Chance Canyon but maybe without bikes on the haulers and maybe not at 4am

Super thanks to my bud @ohpyramids for all the crucial teamwork spotting in Last Chance and for a slammer breakfast on the fold a flame

https://vimeo.com/260885213

photo by @ohpyramids

photo by @ohpyramids

photo by @ohpyramids

illking is offline   Reply With Quote