Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2017, 09:47 PM   #11
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Moab and beyond.

For a relatively easy place to meet up with a group I would recommend we look at willow flats area. We've staged up there for the last few years with a bunch of guys on our moto trips. It's open camping, can get crowded, but there's plenty of space with access to several great areas in the vicinity to explore. Off of 191 north of town, just north of Archview RV resort and the gas station. We usually head back on the main dirt road in and take the last fork to the right and find a spot next to the rocks. We could make that our tentative meet up area. There is usually cell coverage.

'03 Ford E350 7.3L Diesel
RB "50" SMB
Quigley 4X4, Deaver's and RIP kit
CCV high profile pop top

CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:38 AM   #12

The beer is good. Just make sure you order it in the can. It's 3.2 if you get a draft... Utah...

wadewaydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
For a relatively easy place to meet up with a group I would recommend we look at willow flats area. We've staged up there for the last few years with a bunch of guys on our moto trips. It's open camping, can get crowded, but there's plenty of space with access to several great areas in the vicinity to explore. Off of 191 north of town, just north of Archview RV resort and the gas station. We usually head back on the main dirt road in and take the last fork to the right and find a spot next to the rocks. We could make that our tentative meet up area. There is usually cell coverage
I can definately be there. Are we talking about the 25th, and camping there? If so, any old arrival time should work. Would you happen to have GPS coordinates? What would your group look like, IE, how will I know you? Are fire pans required, or can you have your fire on the ground?
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:36 PM   #14
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
There's a group of us, but we are shooting to arrive mid day Friday the 24th to secure a large enough spot for all, so yes camping there at willow flats. Don't have coordinates, but just take willow flats road and you'll find us, it is marked. We can exchange numbers to be in touch when we have more details, and we can post here too. You'll see our green SMB with the CCV pop top. Open fires are allowed. Bring some wood, we'll have some. Looking forward to it....

RB "50" SMB
CCV high profile pop top
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:01 PM   #15

REF, Sounds great, I'm looking forward to it too. I've got lots of projects to do first, but once deprture date rolls around, I'll be on my way.
Advanced 4wd
Old 03-10-2017, 09:14 PM   #16

Garage
Once you see Canyonlands (it's huge and you will only see parts of it) and Arches, be sure to take the southern UT route back west to see 3 other NP's and the Escalante. That's going to make it an epic journey.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:11 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Once you see Canyonlands (it's huge and you will only see parts of it) and Arches, be sure to take the southern UT route back west to see 3 other NP's and the Escalante. That's going to make it an epic journey.
Ok, Thanks, I'm really looking forward to it
Advanced 4wd
Old 03-11-2017, 09:44 AM   #18

Garage
We will be base camping at the KOA in Moab the first week of April. Day trips, dirt bikes, and hiking from there. Will you still be there that week?
Old 03-11-2017, 10:03 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhally View Post
We will be base camping at the KOA in Moab the first week of April. Day trips, dirt bikes, and hiking from there. Will you still be there that week?
It's likely, but I can't say for sure. Since I'm retired now, I'm as free as the wind with only a slight limiting factor, the right seat. Mrs A/T has a limited ability to withstand extended seat time. At some point, she will decide she needs to head home, at which point I'll either take her to the nearest airport, or begin the drive home. She's normally good for two to three weeks though, depending on how the trip is going, so we may still be in the area. If I do take her to the airport, I'll likely spend another month or so exploring, it would be fun to meet up.
Advanced 4wd
Old 03-14-2017, 06:58 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
For a relatively easy place to meet up with a group I would recommend we look at willow flats area. We've staged up there for the last few years with a bunch of guys on our moto trips. It's open camping, can get crowded, but there's plenty of space with access to several great areas in the vicinity to explore. Off of 191 north of town, just north of Archview RV resort and the gas station. We usually head back on the main dirt road in and take the last fork to the right and find a spot next to the rocks. We could make that our tentative meet up area. There is usually cell coverage.

RB "50" SMB
CCV high profile pop top

There is now a pit toilet out there according to my buddies......some cool free camping...haven't camped there in a couple years.
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote