Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2015, 01:08 PM   #1

Garage
Motovan to Pahrump NV Nov2015

I recently retired and the weather is getting cold here in Kennewick, so I decided to head south. I'm also a member on ADVrider.com, and with some research found that a group from the SW was having a meetup in Pahrump last weekend. Another group was having a ride east of Bend, Oregon the previous weekend, so I loaded up the van and headed south! (mrs. dhally hasn't retired yet, so it was a solo trip...)

Here's the camp at East Fort Rock OHV staging area east of Bend. There was also a Husqvarna ride that weekend, and they all had toy haulers.

Heading south out of East Fort Rock I found some untracked gravel.

Summer Lake Hot Springs is a nice sunny spot with storms all around, and Winter Ridge in the background.

(dry lake)

After two days of driving with an overnight at the Churchill County Fairgrounds in Fallon, I saw Death Valley for the first time ever. Need to return and explore more.

There was a "49er" campout at Furnace Creek - looks like a city! I stayed at Texas Springs just up the hill.

Here's Hole in the Wall

I suppose I could have driven the van up here, but that's what the bikes are for!

And Echo Canyon

Picked up a nail somewhere and had to practice my tube changing skills...

I didn't get many shots in Pahrump - we stayed at the City Park right in town. I did go on an all-day guided ride with a stop for lunch at this place. I have no idea where we were, except it was SE of Pahrump.

Old 11-18-2015, 04:39 PM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Re: Motovan to Pahrump NV Nov2015

Looked like a fun trip. Nice at times when you meet up with people when traveling solo. Echo is a pretty nice spot to stay at in an SMB. Gotta love DV.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 04:57 PM   #3
Site Team

Re: Motovan to Pahrump NV Nov2015

The Pioneer Saloon is in Goodsprings, Nevada. It is about 30 miles south of Las Vegas. The Saloon is famous for several reasons, but one of the most interesting is it is the place where Clark Gamble waited to hear the fate of his wife, Carole Lombard, who was killed in a plane crash on nearby Mount Potosi.

You can learn more here:

http://www.pioneersaloon.info/history/