Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2008, 06:51 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to MikewTV
Great, thanks for posting Joey. So Gary, Al, Joey (& anyone else who joins us), we could meet up there Saturday the 1st around say what, noon time? Now, if the weather's nice enough shall we cook out? Or we can just hang out. What sounds good to people?

Old 10-19-2008, 10:54 AM   #12

Hey, just posting here for a reminder to Al, Gary, Joey and anyone else in the NY area who wants to join this meet up. It will be Saturday November 1st at Noon. Anthony Wayne Recreation area on the edge of Harriman State Park. (Exit 17 on the Palisades Interstate Parkway.) Plan will be to hang out, grill out if the weather is acceptable. Guys just reply here and let me know you're all still a go and whether you have any questions.

By the way Joey, I was with a group of friends up in Bear Mtn State Park this weekend and saw your unmistakable rig. Looks like you were with some fellow search & rescue types. (I know the park was packed this weekend due to Fall Color peak.)
Old 10-22-2008, 04:41 PM   #13
AEJ

Mike,

I arrived home this week after 3 months on the road and I plan on making it to the meet up. Looking forward to meeting some of the forum members face to face!
Old 10-24-2008, 08:00 AM   #14

Okay Al, glad to hear you're still good to go. I'm keeping an eye on the weather, might be a brisk fall day when we meet up. The long range for middle of next week is highs in the upper 40's or low 50's.

I spoke to Joey recently and think he's still good to go. Gary, are you still able to swing by and meet the rest of us?

And, still curious to know if anyone else out there might be up to join us as well either with their SMB or someone in the market for one who wants to see at least 4 at once.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:44 PM   #15

I'm still in. The van is packed and ready to leave Durango this afternoon. I should be back in NY on Sunday.

Gary
2006 YZ 250f
2011 Modded KLX 110
2009 CRF 150r
MTBGary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:28 PM   #16

Okay Gary, Al, Joey & anyone who joins at last second.

Forecast is showing 53 and partly cloudy that day.

Let's all be there for the NY Tri-State Area Meet & Greet this Saturday at noon, Anthony Wayne Recreation Area, edge of Harriman State Park at Exit 17 off the Palisades Parkway.

Hopefully the forum won't get kicked off the server like Jage mentioned but just in case I thought I'd post this reminder sooner rather than later.

Look forward to meeting all of you and seeing your SMB's.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:51 AM   #17

Meetup

Google map link to Anthony Wayne:

http://tinyurl.com/6d97tt

Weather:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreati ... iew/NYSPBM
aluminum radiator, X-Monitor with pyro, trans temp, boost
+ Scan Gauge & SCT Live Wire (Economy)
JoeyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:00 AM   #18

Here's your group gallery:
http://sportsmobileforum.com/album_cat.php?cat_id=11
It can also be found under the "Group Albums" link.

Take lots of photos!
Old 10-31-2008, 01:57 PM   #19

Thanks for those links Joey. And Jage thank you for rescuing the forum in time for our meet & greet! And I'll promise to make the other guys take pictures (I stink at photography.)

NY area meet & greeters, I've been swamped with work this week and haven't been able to check to see what you guys want on hand tomorrow. (Dang job, why can't my agency understand that my job is just means of supporting my SMB addiction?)

Anyhow, what I'm bringing: well mainly me & my SMB but also:
some burgers, some kielbasa (spelling?)
charcoal (and in case the park doesn't have grills in that location, a small grill)
some sodas & water & chips.
I do NOT have fermented adult beverages. If ya'll want, then you'll wanna pick those up before tomorrow.

I'll be doing another store run before hitting the meet & greet tomorrow. If you guys want me to have anything else on hand give me a holler. As for now I gotta finish work so I can head out and wash layers of dirt and dust off 'Minerva' so she can look presentable tomorrow.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:37 PM   #20

DATELINE: Harriman State Park, Saturday November 1, 2008 History is Made!

The first ever Northeast SMBforum Meet & Greet was held today with great success. It seemed all in attendance enjoyed the NY Tri-state area get together (I know I was happy as a pig in #@*%!)

We were there a little over 3 hours on a brisk Fall day but it went so fast. We had a nice location (Thanks Joey) with a nice turn for the better in the weather (Lucked out since it’d been rainy/snowy earlier this week.) The Fall color was still amazing in the hills and despite the fact that we all got a little too cold to want to BBQ I still somehow got a sunburn. (Irish I knew why?)

Please forgive me if I get any names wrong, I stink at names (but then again we all have a bunch of generic white people names so it’s not entirely my fault.) Al from Rhode Island with his 2006 EB 50 Quigley 4x4 and his black lab with a spittle covered ball that Joey was willing to toss repeatedly bare handed, then from Warwick, NY (slash) Durango, Colorado Gary & Colleen with their 2000 RB v8 Diesel with an aisle floorplan (but I don’t the number of it) and their chocolate lab, long haired Chihuahua and…well she looked like a Westie to me, (Help me out Gary what is she?), plus from Queens, NY Joey & Lisa with their 2005 EB with Voyager top, and lastly from Garrison, NY yours truly with my 2008 EB 50 Quigley 4x4 (4 dogs left at home, sorry Colleen.)

Was great to have the chance to check out everyone’s rigs, compare notes & just spend a great Fall Day together with folks who suffer from the SMB malady. To me it was interesting to see how the same item can be built differently on 2 or 3 different vans. I guess some is due to build location (we had 2 Texas SMB’s, 1 Fresno and my Huntington van.) I guess also some is due to changes over the years. I mean nobody’s ‘porch light’ is in the same place. Gary’s is at floor level, mine is waist high and Al’s is ceiling height.

Joey & Al were nice enough to take some pictures of the vans (and their owners.) I’m sure they’ll be posting soon enough. I was nice enough NOT to try to take any pictures. (Trust me, it was nice of me.)

I’d come with a million questions to ask and realized I never even got around to bringing any of them up. But only one question really left to ask now. When can we do this again!? Note: willing to wait for slightly warmer weather ;-)