Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2014, 05:11 PM   #81

Re: NorCal Sierra 4x4 Meet (LEAVITT TRAIL WILL BE OPEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der
Well we made it and this is crazy that there is a weak Vrzn signal!!! Daveb and Don are here. Road is not 2wd friendly as far as my read. First stream crossing is okay but couple of dpots after are tricky. Glad we have 4wd Lo. Incredibly beautiful, sunny, and breeeezy! Grabbed a site overlooking lake but trade off is wind. Hope everyone can make it!! I will check forum later. Ciao
Sweet. See y'all in 30 or so hours.

rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:02 PM   #82

Quote:
Well we made it and this is crazy that there is a weak Vrzn signal!!! Daveb and Don are here. Road is not 2wd friendly as far as my read. First stream crossing is okay but couple of dpots after are tricky. Glad we have 4wd Lo. Incredibly beautiful, sunny, and breeeezy! Grabbed a site overlooking lake but trade off is wind. Hope everyone can make it!! I will check forum later. Ciao
Still planning on heading up from the Bay Area before noon tomorrow. Just saw this post. Though we do have 4wd, pretty much zero experience in such terrain. Should I read this as a caution to stay away and not come up?

May still head up and give a try. If too technical or not feeling comfortable, can just turn back and explore around the area.

Thanks all and have fun.
danhtran1143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:39 PM   #83

Well I tried to take the campfire quiz but kept failing.....I guess i cant make it!
On a serious note I may try going up in a few weeks, can I get a report on the trail conditions
for a two wheel drive van. Keep in mind I'm an advance off road driver. enjoy wish I was their. Dave
unimogdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:38 PM   #84

Were here! Grillin' steaks and sippin' brews in the strong Sierra wind. Bbbbbut gggggglad to be here. The trail is tough and slow but you van do it. We crawled the 3 miles up from 108 in about 30 minutes. Stream crossings not too bad. 4wd newbie no problem, only one way to get experience. 2wd vet will be fine, just pick good lines.
Hope to see some of you but we need to move on tomorrow. Be safe!
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:39 PM   #85

Oh, bring a coat!
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:54 PM   #86

We are camped out by the hot springs for the night. Heading up in the morning. Seeya then.

Craig and cindy.

Craig
05 EB 50 V10 4x4 Baja Tan
calclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:06 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhtran1143
Quote:
Still planning on heading up from the Bay Area before noon tomorrow. Just saw this post. Though we do have 4wd, pretty much zero experience in such terrain. Should I read this as a caution to stay away and not come up?

May still head up and give a try. If too technical or not feeling comfortable, can just turn back and explore around the area.

Thanks all and have fun.
Just go slow and take it easy. It's only a few miles, so worst case scenario you get stuck and have to walk in and ask Dave for help, or set up camp and wait for me to come through tomorrow night.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:24 AM   #88

Wow, Great Morning to Everyone

Glad to see most will make it! Re: drive in- like has been said, slow, low 4wd, and pick the line. It was not hard for low 4wd. Being a newbie, I got out and checked lines through certain spots. First, real off road for this van which is not lifted but is 4wd. It was fun, never felt any stress.

Time for a cup of coffee and enjoying the peace and quiet! Safe travels!!

Ray
Old 06-20-2014, 09:17 PM   #89

Rob, now it is only you we are waiting on.

Most are around the site Dave listed. We are up on the hill over looking the lake. There is room up here behind us that is level. There are some dpots near Dave as well. All an easy walk.

Be safe. Take care on first crossing for tail drag, then next is a couple of carved out holes that are very apparent. Rest is straight forward. See us soon!!
Old 06-21-2014, 11:05 AM   #90
Site Team

Garage

Almost everybody has made it. Weather is windy but dying down now. Temps 48 at night. Eric left out yesterday for SF. Rob said he saw you Eric.

Everybody off hiking or fishing. Great nights around the propane fire and W/O it we would be staying inside.

Ray/Jennifer
Eric/Kristie/Sam/Sera
Paul/Tina
Jack/Jackie
Danh (Yon)
Rob/Jennifer
Craig/Cindy
Me & Don....Were All having a great time....Where are ya Tapitio?

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote