Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2015, 04:57 PM   #21

Re: Oregon Coast to New Jersey

Man, you've added a few pics. Great pics! I've got to say everything about that rainbow pic is amazing. They're all good though. Thanks again for sharing.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:06 PM   #22

One heck of an inaugural trip - awesome!
Old 10-26-2015, 08:01 PM   #23
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb

GREAT TRIP REPORT!!!! I see the SMB (and what a BEAUTIFUL RIG it is!!) is already doing what it does best (not the mechanical stuff, b/c it kicks some serious arse there of coarse) but the family times, off the normal paths that people rush down and barely look at what's around them, let alone,with the things that are most important...our family!!.. all that family time while seeing the gifts of nature...absolutely nothing better than that in this world...thanks for the pics!!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:51 AM   #24

Thanks, everyone. It was a very special trip for us. I was the only traveler that had ever done anything like that before, so for my wife, daughter and step-son, this was all very cool stuff. Our only wish, of course, was that we had more time and could see more things. My wife still smiles from ear to ear when we talk about it - I think she was impacted by the trip more than the rest.

Where to next?
Old 10-27-2015, 03:26 PM   #25

Very cool trip! Thanks for taking the time to share it!
BUFFALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 03:58 PM   #26
ctb

Garage

I say a quick trip down to OBX (Outer Banks)! Not too long a drive from PA and you can go shelling and drive on the beach!! Don't forget to air down for the sand!!....If you have a week or so...I say Mustang Island or South the other way on Padre Natl. Seashore!!! Warm and FUN!!!! AND YOU CAN DRIVE ON THE BEACH!!! Great way to get away from the non 4x4's!
Old 10-27-2015, 07:28 PM   #27

awesome, thanks for sharing!
berns378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:48 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctb
I say a quick trip down to OBX (Outer Banks)! Not too long a drive from PA and you can go shelling and drive on the beach!! Don't forget to air down for the sand!!....If you have a week or so...I say Mustang Island or South the other way on Padre Natl. Seashore!!! Warm and FUN!!!! AND YOU CAN DRIVE ON THE BEACH!!! Great way to get away from the non 4x4's!
Thanks! I need to look into all of these. Is camping allowed on the beach as well? I'll do some digging.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:57 AM   #29

Assateaque National Seashore in MD has some nice developed camping, and you can also drive/fish on the beach there (I think it's still OK to be there overnight if you are fishing in both the MD and VA districts of the park).
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 06:54 PM   #30
ctb

Garage

Padre is no problem as is Mustang island (closer to town)...OBX we were always worried about the tide, so we have stayed in the parking lots...but as Brian stated, a long as you are fishing/have a pole in the water, you should be OK (and a current fishing license)...you could try the trick that has always worked for us...leave a taped not in the drivers side window that states something like "Couldn't wait any longer got ancy. Meet you at (insert landmark your at like if your climbing on a trail, or walking to a fishing spot, etc) we took off at (insert an early time like 3:00 or 4:00 AM) see you there!!! SO IF an Officer/Ranger of the Park makes some rounds, it looks like you're not camping/parking overnight.....again, has worked every time for us (knock wood)...plus OBX has Kitty Hawk Natl. monument, insanely good/cheap seafood, and excellent shelling! Texas beaches are much warmer and fun (no sharks either...not that I'm worried but I grew up in the Jaws era