Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2019, 09:49 AM   #51

I know this Thread says OVERLAND EXPO "2018", however who's signed up to go this year?

Botchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:01 PM   #52

Not yet but I am considering it. I had a good time last year.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:58 PM   #53

I'm waiting on the forecast. Didn't rain nearly enough for me last year. I planned to take my yacht and the water on site was only a couple feet deep.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 10:34 PM   #54

I'm signed up and bringing my 5 and 3 year old boys! Looks like a great time, and seems to be a good adventure with the kids too!
lavolpe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 07:36 AM   #55

Don't forget their floaties!
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:00 PM   #56

Anyone know if Sportsmobile West is offering any discount codes for tickets this year?
Botchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 11:32 AM   #57

Hi Everyone.
Hubby and I are heading down to the Overland Festival in May. It will be our first time attending, and we are excited (me anyway). Having perused the forum and previous threads, it sounds like the festival has evolved over the years, for the good and bad. I would love to hear from prior attendees regarding how to get the most out if it. My focus will be on classes, specifically learning about off-road/4x4 features of out SMB to help build our knowledge and experience. (Sounds like there are other good off-road / 4x4 short-courses/classes available throughout year as well, plan on looking in to those in the future as well. Any highly recommended?)

I would like to camp on-site at the venue, though it sounds like once you park, it is difficult to move about in the vehicle, which would make it difficult to use SMB in a hands-on class. Is it super crowded? Is it worth camping off site and getting to the venue early? Are there some classes that people really like, vs others not so much? Are bicycles really helpful for moving around? Thanks in advance for the info. Cheers, Linda
lulupass is offline   Reply With Quote