Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2016, 06:55 AM   #21
tlg

Garage
Rained Fri and Sat but we misssd the worst of the hurricane. Soil there had a good bit of sand in it which helped prevent a muddy mess. Got a bit windy Sat-Sun with gusts in excess of 25-30 mph. No issues with the penthouse top but pulled our awning in so it didn't get carried away. Great venue. Need to corral the SMBs in one spot next year.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:47 AM   #22

I hated to miss it but it always falls on our week out of school so the annual beach trip takes precedent. I really wanted to check out the vanlife rally in Asheville too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:48 AM   #23

Howbout some of us Eastern folks meeting up at Vermont Overland next year. It's the previous weekend I think. Two gone and I are already thinking about that.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:03 AM   #24

I agree that we should corral the SMBs into one group camp area next year at the expo. We talked with Carl about that. We should plan on it. For the Vermont Overland 2017, we would love to do that, but our daughter being in school will prevent us from traveling that distance that time of year. We should plan an eastern SMB meet-up during a summer month in 2017.
2017 Subaru Crosstrek
upzmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:26 AM   #25

I've always wanted to host a gathering at Lake Conasauga CG in north Georgia. Cool there in the summer at about 3500'. Lots of fire roads and some decent off-roading. Halfway between Knoxville and Atlanta.

Old 10-11-2016, 10:51 AM   #26
tlg

Garage
Devil's Backbone Brewery and Basecamp in Nellysford, VA. Close proximity to the George Washington National Forest, Blue Ridge Parkway, Appalachian Trail, Charlottesville (Monticello etc), Wintergreen. Site anchors the Rte 151 Brew Ridge Trail. 8 flat acres available for camping. Mountain bike trails on site. Some of the best road and gravel bike riding in VA. Big Levels Jeep Trail nearby. If there's interest I could look into availability.

Devils Backbone Brewing Company -
Old 10-11-2016, 11:32 AM   #27

If timing works out, I'd love to join an East Coast gathering next year.
wish41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 02:54 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlg View Post
Devil's Backbone Brewery and Basecamp in Nellysford, VA. Close proximity to the George Washington National Forest, Blue Ridge Parkway, Appalachian Trail, Charlottesville (Monticello etc), Wintergreen. Site anchors the Rte 151 Brew Ridge Trail. 8 flat acres available for camping. Mountain bike trails on site. Some of the best road and gravel bike riding in VA. Big Levels Jeep Trail nearby. If there's interest I could look into availability.

Devils Backbone Brewing Company -

Sounds pretty awesome.