Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2010, 04:51 AM   #1

Painting the WAVE & Fishing with Friends

So there is an event coming up this Sat Feb 6th that is for the disabled to get a chance at fishing and check out things related to outdoor recreation...
http://www.fishingwithfriendsaz.com/

Disabled Explorers will setup the Wheelchair Accessible Van for Expeditions (WAVE) and a tank treaded wheelchair called the Action Trackchair.

We are also supposed to have a kids themed event and I came up with the idea of using the washable paints to let the kids "paint the wave"

If any of you have some of these paints around and would like to donate it would really help, here is a link to the kind of stuff we are looking for...
http://www.dickblick.com/products/cr...ashable-paint/

We also need enough tarps to cover 10x20sq ft of the ground under the WAVE, some of those soft foam brushes, some cups/buckets for the paint and anything else we didn't think of.

Of course cash always helps support our non-profit mission of getting the disabled out into the backcountry, but I thought I would see if anyone had any of these materials and would be willing to ship them. If you do want to support us with any amount just paypal to [email:3jp59r6g]donate@disabledexplorers.com[/email:3jp59r6g] and we will be very grateful.

Thanks in advance and watch for some cool pics of what the kids end up doing to the WAVE!

Old 02-04-2010, 09:32 PM   #2

Re: Painting the WAVE & Fishing with Friends

Apart from the tracked wheelchair, are you going to be able to pull up or into the water and fish from the van?
Old 02-04-2010, 11:36 PM   #3

Re: Painting the WAVE & Fishing with Friends

Too funny,
actually I have taken I wheelchair user out to a local lake and we did park right at the waters edge and put the lift out like a deck

however for this event the WAVE is a display while the disabled fish off a dock.

I will post up pic Monday or so as I am sure the kids are going to have a blast painting the rig!