Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2011, 02:14 PM   #1

quick weekend camping and exploring trip in the PNW

Thought I would share this with you. Took my boys for a quick weekend camping trip for some fishing, biking, and exploring in the SMB. Snow level is still low and campgrounds are not open yet so no one else was out yet. Had a great time with the kids roasting hot dogs around the campfire. Got cold at night still.

Made a short video exploring until we hit snow level or got stuck.

Roonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:04 PM   #2

Re: quick weekend camping and exploring trip in the PNW

That is what owning an SMB is all about. Nice area. Camping near water is always my preference, especially when bugs are not in season. Thanks for sharing the pics.
R
Old 05-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #3

Nice! Good to see you have been getting out during the good-ish weather. Have you figured out your heat yet or just use good sleeping bags?

Other than the occasional ski trip up to the mountain, we haven't gotten out much lately.

2008 SMB EB-52, Quadvan 4x4, 6.0 PSD SOLD
2017 Ford Transit T250 148WB mid-roof w/ Quadvan 4x4
bitburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:57 PM   #4

The heat wasn't really an issue this trip too much. For us it is an issue when we stay at the ski mountain with snow and inside the van it can get below freezing. This trip it got cold at night and the kids had their regular bags and I put an extra adult sleeping bag over them too. They were fine. In the AM however I fired up the buddy portable heater since they refused to get out of their bags for breakfast until it was warmer in the van. Also got a campfire going again in the morning which helped.

No bugs at all yet.... too cold even for them or they all drowned in the rain?

If anyone is wondering where this is it is just North of Roslyn (Cle Elum) WA where they filmed the TV show Northern Exposure. The lake above pictured is actually Cle Elum lake and I camped North of that in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness area. The river I camped by is the Cle Elum river. They stock it with Sockeye Salmon which I tried to catch. It is about 80 miles outside Seattle.
Roonie is offline   Reply With Quote