Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2017, 11:20 AM   #71

[QUOTE=REF;210758]
That being said, it looks like this means that the course will in fact go through San Felipe, on down to Puertecitas, Gonzaga and Coco's Corner-all places I would potentially like to check out if others are venturing down that far. Also potentially want to go to Guerrero Negro to check out the whales on a panga and do some fishing and exploring out towards Bahia Tortugas. QUOTE]

It's quite likely we will spend more time headed South after the race, there are so many places to explore. I'm gearing up for a couple weeks in Baja. Have you decided if your bringing a M/C?

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 01:08 PM   #72
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Great, good to hear Jeff. I've got the pass from the wife to stay down there through thanksgiving, so def will have time to explore. We were trying to figure out how to get the fam down there for TG break, but only airport's down in Loreto, too far.
Anyway, haven't quite made up my mind on the bike, if I bring it, I have to get a hitch mounted moto carrier, and which one? And then there's the question of whether there's anyone else to ride with that preferably knows the area trails cause I easily get lost. How much will it get used to justify bringing it and all my riding gear along, and I'll prob want my trailer along to carry my gear, water tank and shower....[emoji849]
But I'll be kicking myself if I'm down there without it....right?

'03 Ford E350 7.3L Diesel
SMB RB50 w/CCV top
Quigley 4X4 w/Deavers & Agile RIP kit
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 01:20 PM   #73

Note that race starts Thursday, Thanksgiving the following week.

I will be heading home after the race, as I gotta catch a flight to Texas for Thanksgiving.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:51 AM   #74

Oddly, I got an email notification a couple days ago, that "gallinastrips" had posted a question, wondering if anyone had plans to continue South to some surfing spots after the race, but I don't see it in the posts. I have no idea where the post went, or why that happened, but anyway, my plans are open and I expect to continue exploring after the race, until Mrs A/T reaches her saturation point and want's to head home. At that time, I may take her to the airport in San Diego and continue tripping around till Xmas. I'm open to ideas.
Advanced 4wd
Old 09-21-2017, 03:21 PM   #75

As we get closer to November, I was reminded of past trips to Baja with Ramsey and his friends. Here is a nice trip report from one of those trips, and for those that have not been to Baja, it will give you an idea of how our next trip MAY go. Enjoy...........

Down South, Mexico Way: TAP's Baja Adventure - | TAP Into Adventure!
Advanced 4wd
Old 09-25-2017, 09:35 PM   #76

Looking forward to this trip!

So, is the schedule still to meet at Agile on morning of Nov 10, then heading out with the group that meets there?

Thxs
Old 09-26-2017, 07:31 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Looking forward to this trip!

So, is the schedule still to meet at Agile on morning of Nov 10, then heading out with the group that meets there?Thxs
I plan to arrive in El Cajon several days before departure. The last I talked to John, he was thinking he would be leaving on the 9th, but it's still a long ways away and I could see it slipping a day. I expect there will be other folks crossing earlier and later too. The exact memorial destination is still a bit up in the air, but for sure it will be near San Felepe. We will set up a meet up place there for folks who arrive earlier, or who miss the memorial, but still want to watch the race with us. So, to answer your original question, I think it will probably be the 9th but John would have to confirm that. If that doesn't work for folks, they can simply meet us there. Since it's still a ways away, flexability is key.
Advanced 4wd
Old 10-03-2017, 11:22 AM   #78

CORRECTION: I was mistaken, John plans to depart Agile on Thursday the 16th, NOT Thursday the 9th. The 16th is the day the race starts, so it will probably be an early start. He will lead a group across the border and to a spot to view the race. I plan to arrive a week earlier to hang out at the shop, help with fabrication of the memorial if needed, see friends, visit the Enterprise air craft museum, pick up Mrs A/T at the airport, etc. It's likely several of us will depart for Baja a few days prior to the race and do some exploring and camping. The exact date is still a bit up in the air, but we will coordinate schedules the week before. So, if anyone needs a firm date, you can plan on following John on the morning of the 16th, or if your flexible, you can join us a few days prior. In the past, I've boondocked in the parking lot of the shop prior to departure day. I'll provide my phone number by PM to anyone who wants to hook up and cross earlier or get more info in the week prior. Then, after the race, we will move to the beach for camping and planting the memorial. From there, some of us will continue exploring further South for an unknown period of time. If anyone wants to meet us at the race viewing spot, memorial site, or join us after the race, I'll provide GPS coordinates and directions once locations are set, but for now it's a bit up in the air. Feel free to PM me your phone number and/or email anytime, and I'll make sure to get back to you with further info. Sorry for the confusion, but as I said, flexability is the key.
Advanced 4wd
Old 10-03-2017, 11:51 AM   #79

Cool, Thxs for the update!

Let's get list of who is committed to going, what date crossing into Baja, and if your plan is to go earlier and/or stay longer to explore.

1der - into MX Nov 8th to 10th depending on group around that time, planning on exploring until Dec 1. Exploring, chilling, fishing, exploring.

Looks like a Mexico Tourist Permit will be required for all if going past Ensenada.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:41 PM   #80
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Ramseys memorial at the Baja 1000

I'm in for meeting up and crossing the border around the same dates as Ray, Nov. 8th-10th and exploring from there until around Dec. 1st as well, looking forward to it for sure!

What border crossing are we looking at?
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote