Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2013, 04:43 AM   #1

Sandblast Rally 2013

I had never been to a car/motorcycle rally before. I knew about the rally last year but couldn't make it for one reason or another. This year everything lined up and off we went.

http://sandblastrally.linaracing.com/2013/

The best part of the day was my son was interested and wanted to go and watch the cars race.

My traveling partner for the day:

This was somewhat local, about a 2 hour trip(one way), next year though could provide a camping opportunity with the rally near a State Park. It took us a little while to get the spectator guide and find the first viewing spot. We only saw a couple of cars before moving to the next spot. No pics from the first spot.

Sexton's Big Curve(2nd viewing spot):

Attached Images

My Build Thread
SCBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:45 AM   #2

Re: Sandblast Rayy 2013

Sexton's Big Curve cont:

Attached Images

My Build Thread
Old 03-03-2013, 04:48 AM   #3

Sandtrap Hairpin next stop. We missed the bikes here and only caught a few cars. Next year after knowing more we can view the race better if the viewing spots are the same.

Attached Images

My Build Thread
Old 03-03-2013, 04:55 AM   #4

Cooper Black Four Way. They come through here several times from different directions for different stages. We only saw the straight away, a pretty fast section. A photog said this was a good spot after dark. By late in the day they were an hour behind schedule and they would finish well after dark. Next year it would pay to come later in the day and watch the after dark runs. We missed the fastest bikes here, which I really wanted to see.

Time for the trip home.

We hit the local BBQ on the way home to cap off the day.
Attached Images

My Build Thread
Old 03-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #5

Garage
Re: Sandblast Rally 2013

nice! looks like you 2 had a good time. thanks for sharing

i couldnt make it to the idaho rally last year due to other obligations, but the year prior, I volenteered to be a road marshal for a day. you get a breakfast, a lunch, plus it was a great show. i was on a long sweeper and watching those crazy bastards come ripping around that corner sideways all day was a blast. it started raining about half way through the day, but it was actually nice cause it cut down the dust.

this year ill be volenteering both days and camping up there both friday and saturday night. id love to participate, but passing tech is rough for joe commonman. ive been asked to navigate before, but i dont think id enjoy it near as much as driving, plus i wouldnt wanna be responsible for screwing my driver with bad directions. ill have to stick with rallyx and just pretend im a stage rally racer, lol.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #6

Re: Sandblast Rally 2013

Thanks!

Wish we had more rallying out here in CA. There's one up by Ridgecrest in early May (http://highdeserttrails.com); might be worth checking out.

Rob