Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2015, 12:00 PM   #11

Re: Ski Resorts That Allow Overnight Parking...

I used to be “the guy to ask” at a ski area. It is not always easy to find the guy. I was called Base Operations Manager. If they called me Facilities Manager I would have to be paid a fair wage so they made something up that could not be compared.

Anyways, calling the ski area always resulted in a no. However if you found me, I just gave out the reality like: “There is no snow coming, no cops will bug you, and I am not going to complain, odds are good you will have a nice stay, thanks for spending your money with us.”

Old 11-19-2015, 07:23 PM   #12
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

Hey xcnick, you guys gonna have a winter this year? Been pretty barren the last few seasons. Nothing like what was it, 96-97 or 97-98 El nino? both seasons were good, but holy crap that was a lot of snow, I was living down in Tahoma for those few years, talk about being snowed in! I wish I could dig up some of those pics......up to the roofs, 7 feet in 5 days! 15-20 foot snow wall around the lake.
Back on subject, I've also found that if you find "the guy" things work out a little better vs. calling the resort number in which you will most always be told no. We had luck, as I may have said, with talking to the parking services or resort services supervisor, or some other similarly titled resort management personnel in charge of such things. There's still not many choices around here though.
Which reminds me, we had a nice, well spoken, nicely dressed younger college guy come to our door to ask permission to park a cargo container in front of our house he was planning on living in......uh, no. We told him he'd be better off getting a van or a small tow trailer, at least then he could be somewhat stealth, just not in front of our house
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 09:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF
permission to park a cargo container in front of our house he was planning on living in......uh, no.
That makes me feel a bit better. I have a burning man type school bus in front of my house now. At least it an E350 short bus. He is not even living in it. The neighbor has let him pitch a tent on his porch! After 30 years I have learned to be patient. He will probably only be here for the winter. There but for the grace of God go I... living in a Sportsmobile down by the river.

Tahoma: worst snow removal on the planet, even in a drought.

Snow is here. I ski Rose. Nothing great, but better than watching TV. Really hard to find the right wax between new, melting, and man made snow all in the same run.