Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #21

Re: So Cal SMB winter meet up 2012

I vote for Anza Borrego too. Looks awesome.

Steve W

SteveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #22

So Cal SMB winter meet up 2012

Sounds like Anza is the spot. Looks like a fun adventure! Just gotta get the schedule down with wife.

Romeo
Old 10-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaSportsmobile
Anyone interested in a short costal Baja trip?
That is something my wife and I are always interested in, especially if it involves surfing or kayaking.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #24

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

We should do a Whale and Scorpion Bay trip in the late spring.

We are headed down to La Paz in the Jeep next weekend, marking the Baja 1000 course for SCORE on the way, and then exploring the east cape for several days before coming home.

We will be back down during the race in the SMB in mid Nov.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #25

Hi All
Renee and I had a great time at the Hungry Valley Meet & Greet. If our schedule allows we are definitely in for the Anza Borrego idea. We have never been there and I can't think of any better way to explore that area than with a group of Sportsmobiles.
Harry & Renee
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #26

So Cal SMB winter meet up 2012

Does anyone have objections to Anza or other camp suggestions?

Also, does Fish Creek have potty facilities?

I noticed there's a few different camps there. Built in fire ring would be nice unless someone has a solution for containing a camp fire.
Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #27

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocsmb

I noticed there's a few different camps there. Built in fire ring would be nice unless someone has a solution for containing a camp fire.
The spot I pointed out does not have any facilities. It's essentially BLM land and not an official campsite. There's some rock fire rings that people have built over the years. Plenty of room for a large group meet. This used to be a Thanksgiving meeting spot for my family and friends, it's been tried and proven over many years.

Unfortunately I cannot make this trip due to a company party. I apologize for setting the expectation before checking my calendar. To be honest I'd rather join you guys but....

I cannot recommend Borrego enough though. There's tons of trails to drive and places to see. It looks like others have been there so find a spot that meet's the groups needs.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapatio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocsmb

The spot I pointed out does not have any facilities. It's essentially BLM land and not an official campsite. There's some rock fire rings that people have built over the years. Plenty of room for a large group meet. This used to be a Thanksgiving meeting spot for my family and friends, it's been tried and proven over many years.

Unfortunately I cannot make this trip due to a company party. I apologize for setting the expectation before checking my calendar. To be honest I'd rather join you guys but....

I cannot recommend Borrego enough though. There's tons of trails to drive and places to see. It looks like others have been there so find a spot that meet's the groups needs.
Well if you cant go maybe we should go a different weekend?

We need some spice along with an old Econoline "Super Van" badge well equipped 4x4 van to make the weekend complete...

...Jamie
2004 F-350 Dana 60
Ultrasport12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #29

Thats a work weekend for me.
Don
dig255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #30

Anza Borrego offers some great mild off-roading and beautiful nights. Highly recommended! There is a good book called "The Anza-Borrego Desert Region" by Lowell & Diana Lindsay (5th edition I think they are up too) that is a good book to have.

Took the van for some mild off-roading last March on the Truck Haven trail and over near the 17 Palms site:

Another great drive is out to Font's Point to the overlook, pretty amazing. 2WD may have a tough time with some of the sand washes, depending on where one camps or ventures. There are also some good camping spots for those who like RV sites:
http://www.butterfieldresort.com/

On the other side of the Salton Sea a great day trip is to Niland to see "Slab City". That side of the Salton sea has some mild off-roading as well that can take you all the way to the Co River and if you want an RV camp look at http://www.glamisnorth.com/

I generally prefer to dry camp away from the crowds, so the Fish Creek site works. They have the Wind Caves you can check out near that area. I would also be open to the RV sites if most prefer that.

That Dec 7-9th works for me as well but doesn't for others.
Eric

2000 Ford E-350 7.3L Quigley 4x4 hard top with custom interior by Xtreme Fab - Sold
KTMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote