Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2018, 09:53 AM   #21

Garage
Dude! You guys ought to piggyback on Ray's Fiamma group order. He's ordering parts....gets a deal of some sort (for sure on the shipping)!

BenJJ, we should PM asap/share contact info. I have a pair of lateral support arms that WILL go with this awning as well, but one is completely broken (it's one of the busted parts from ghetto_fireman's awning) and the other one (actually both of them) are **too long** to work with the unrolled fabric length of this awning....but you could probably somehow make it work with these if you found that either a)the fabric has more "untapped length" still on the roll, or b) you could source/create your own brand-new awning fabric that was the right unrolled length.

Let's chat? Asap? Just want to offer ya as many options as possible to easily get this together for the lowest amount of spare-parts cost.

MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:31 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBikeRoamer View Post
Dude! You guys ought to piggyback on Ray's Fiamma group order. He's ordering parts....gets a deal of some sort (for sure on the shipping)!

BenJJ, we should PM asap/share contact info. I have a pair of lateral support arms that WILL go with this awning as well, but one is completely broken (it's one of the busted parts from ghetto_fireman's awning) and the other one (actually both of them) are **too long** to work with the unrolled fabric length of this awning....but you could probably somehow make it work with these if you found that either a)the fabric has more "untapped length" still on the roll, or b) you could source/create your own brand-new awning fabric that was the right unrolled length.

Let's chat? Asap? Just want to offer ya as many options as possible to easily get this together for the lowest amount of spare-parts cost.
I'd love to piggyback the end-cap to save on shipping (almost half the price of the cap alone!), but $500 for those arms is too steep for me right now...
Who's Ray, I'm assuming he's not too far of a drive from Long Beach?
DosMars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:50 PM   #23

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DosMars View Post
I'd love to piggyback the end-cap to save on shipping (almost half the price of the cap alone!), but $500 for those arms is too steep for me right now...
Who's Ray, I'm assuming he's not too far of a drive from Long Beach?
Ray = Forum Member 1der

He lives up in NorCal, but he's got this thread organized to order Fiamma awnings/parts, and the items are being shipped to three separate locations ---- where SMB Forum Members have agreed to have their items "shipped en masse" to save on shipping costs.

Thread: GROUP BUY - Fiamma F45s 10ft
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...0ft-21570.html

The three locations receiving Fiamma items are:
1) SoCal (somewhere TBD apparently in OC region)
2) NorCal
3) Salt Lake City area

BenJJ or DosMars, if either of you decided to buy some Fiamma parts right now, you could probably still easily get lumped into the SoCal shipment of items and take advantage of the discount Ray is collectively making happen.

BenJJ --- the awning (and the pair of support legs) is of course still all yours if ya want it. And if you stare at it/poke at it long enough, I bet you figure out a way to make it work, even without buying any parts..........if you're motivated enough, you might find a way to tear apart the other mangled arm (since I'll give you both arms with this)......rebuild/repair that arm somehow....and make the whole thing work......just need to figure out if you need to supply a longer awning fabric for the slightly-increased "reach" of these arms......
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 04:36 PM   #24

Cool, I'll p.m. him now. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 05-16-2018, 09:12 AM   #25

Quote:
Ray = Forum Member 1der

He lives up in NorCal, but he's got this thread organized to order Fiamma awnings/parts, and the items are being shipped to three separate locations ---- where SMB Forum Members have agreed to have their items "shipped en masse" to save on shipping costs.

Thread: GROUP BUY - Fiamma F45s 10ft
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...0ft-21570.html

2) NorCal
3) Salt Lake City area

BenJJ or DosMars, if either of you decided to buy some Fiamma parts right now, you could probably still easily get lumped into the SoCal shipment of items and take advantage of the discount Ray is collectively making happen.

BenJJ --- the awning (and the pair of support legs) is of course still all yours if ya want it. And if you stare at it/poke at it long enough, I bet you figure out a way to make it work, even without buying any parts..........if you're motivated enough, you might find a way to tear apart the other mangled arm (since I'll give you both arms with this)......rebuild/repair that arm somehow....and make the whole thing work......just need to figure out if you need to supply a longer awning fabric for the slightly-increased "reach" of these arms......
Im gonna help BenJJ just enough to figure out how to get it to work, but hold out some secrets so he just gives it to me when he gets frustrated.
bemerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:26 AM   #26

Quote:

sent you a pm
BenJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:27 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
Im gonna help BenJJ just enough to figure out how to get it to work, but hold out some secrets so he just gives it to me when he gets frustrated.
Hands off my awning bro!
BenJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:29 PM   #28

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBlair View Post
It's time for another get together! The last few have been a great success and we're looking to keep this going. For this round we're going to try out a swap meet element. If you have van/camping stuff you need to get rid of...bring it! We'll need to keep the swap meet element fairly low key.....like.....please don't bring a Dana D60. I'm thinking things that will easily fit in a van/be out of sight.

When: Sunday, June 3rd, 9am

Where: 28192 Silverado Canyon Rd, Silverado, CA 92676

What: A get together of camper van enthusiasts.

Follow @campervansandcoffee

Tell a friend and feel free to cross post the invite to other applicable van groups.

Please RSVP here so we have a rough idea of who to expect.
We're planning on stopping by.
Fool120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 03:07 AM   #29

Quote:

I'm the receiver for SoCal.....Ray is shipping them to my office in Escondido, and I live in South OC so pickup either place.
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 11:38 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder View Post
I'm the receiver for SoCal.....Ray is shipping them to my office in Escondido, and I live in South OC so pickup either place.
Any chance you'll be at the meetup?