Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2017, 09:09 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBlair View Post
See y'all next weekend, looking forward to it.

If anyone is coming from out of town/needs a camp spot I can either point you somewhere cool or you can park in my driveway in Silverado.

I will go!

I am interested in dirt drive as well. Never been over to the Maple Springs area.

longboardguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:52 AM   #12

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBlair View Post
The get together itself is just a meet/greet/drink coffee kind of thing. Redoval incorporated some dirt road into his arrival last time and I think he said he will be doing the same for this one.

The parking area/store is dog friendly. Silverado Canyon Road is really close by so keeping them leashed is probably the best bet.

As for trails.....Maple Springs is just a few miles up the road. It's a fairly nice fireroad that gets you into the Cleveland NF. From there you can head south on Main Divide all the way to Ortega Highway or just drive up to Santiago Peak and back down to Silverado. Either would be a good add on to the event if you're looking for some dirt.

BB
We are planning to run Main Divide again for those interested. Our meetup and departure time from the trail head will be determined by the number of rigs interested in going. As a note, this trail is tight in places and will remove paint for some tall vehicles. The van meetup is on the exit road from the trail so it's an ideal opportunity. To be safe, plan on meeting at the trail head near Blue Jay Campground for a 7am departure.

We will check with the Ranger District mid-week to make sure the gates remain open. Please let me know if you are planning to go through this thread and by phone/text to 310-809-2570. Thanks!

Scott Thompson
Vantage Optics
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:45 PM   #13

Garage
I"m planning on being there! See ya'll~

Simon
Old 12-06-2017, 11:59 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDOVAL View Post
We are planning to run Main Divide again for those interested. Our meetup and departure time from the trail head will be determined by the number of rigs interested in going. As a note, this trail is tight in places and will remove paint for some tall vehicles. The van meetup is on the exit road from the trail so it's an ideal opportunity. To be safe, plan on meeting at the trail head near Blue Jay Campground for a 7am departure.

We will check with the Ranger District mid-week to make sure the gates remain open. Please let me know if you are planning to go through this thread and by phone/text to 310-809-2570. Thanks!

Scott Thompson
Vantage Optics
Think a penthouse with a rack on it will be ok? Not too worried about bashing my Amazon special lightbar on some branches.
bemerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:55 PM   #15

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
Think a penthouse with a rack on it will be ok? Not too worried about bashing my Amazon special lightbar on some branches.
Brian- you will be fine as long as you aren't afraid of a few scratches if the bushes get tight.

As of Wed in the afternoon the trail remains open, so all is still good. This could change if there is a fire in the area. Check back or call/text me if this isn't updated closer to Sunday.

Scott
Old 12-06-2017, 05:51 PM   #16

Good to see the offroad arrival group is growing!

See you guys in a few days. Hopefully the wind dies down by then.

BB
BrianBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:13 PM   #17

Looking forward to it. See you guys Sunday and hoping the trail stays open. So if I head to the blue Jay campground I presume it will hard to miss the group of vans?
Old 12-06-2017, 06:22 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
Looking forward to it. See you guys Sunday and hoping the trail stays open. So if I head to the blue Jay campground I presume it will hard to miss the group of vans?
If I were ya'll I would pin down a meet location. There's a few spurs/etc in there and if you aren't familiar with the area it can be confusing. I'd say meet where Main Divide leaves the pavement as that's a pretty defined spot.

BB
BrianBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:20 AM   #19

Garage
Brian/All,

Point taken....attached is a Google maps image that shows the relationship of the trail head to HWY74 and Blue Jay Campground. There is a flat dirt meetup area where we can collect and mess with the vehicles before departing. I will be on channel 145.000mhz for those with radios. I will have a couple of spare radios with me in the event people don't have their own communications. Be there at 7am so we can make it to the meet by 9am without too many delays.

If you are uncertain about the meeting spot we can also gather at the 5/74 junction and cruise to the trail head as a convoy. Contact me via phone/text to plan this as we won't wait long if you don't tell us you are coming.

Scott Thompson
Vantage Optics
310-809-2570
Attached Thumbnails
Main Divide Trail Head- Ortega.PNG  
Old 12-07-2017, 10:02 AM   #20

Roger that