Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2017, 05:30 PM   #21

CTB, I totally agree..............but I don't own a Sportsmobile....................at the moment. Maybe I can Photoshop one in to my pics?

I do love a good trip report but it's a little watered down and maybe unwelcome here without having one.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:18 PM   #22

[QUOTE=ctb;203288]Hey Scotty!! Sounds like a great family adventure!! We stayed on the beach in the upper NW corner of Washington by Neah Bay...the Native Americans had (recently that trip) been awarded the entire coast in that area...we threw some cash into a dilapidated house that boasted that that particular stretch of beach was 'theirs' QUOTE]

Hobuck beach is our all time favorite. Hobuck Beach Resort Washington Coast Cabins, RV park and Camping, Neah Bay Washington

It is tribal land, but they are very welcoming. The drive there is really scenic, you can camp within 30 feet of the surf, there are a couple miles of beach to walk and it's beautifull. We have spent several New Year's weekends there and love to go when big storms are predicted. When storm waves pound the beach, the entire van will vibrate, it's really cool. It may get pretty busy on summer weekends though so I would call to inquire. If you do go and were in town, we might join you....................
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:44 PM   #23
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
CTB, I totally agree..............but I don't own a Sportsmobile....................at the moment. Maybe I can Photoshop one in to my pics?

I do love a good trip report but it's a little watered down and maybe unwelcome here without having one.
Oh Scotty!?! I am SURE that you have put in your $.02 in and advised enough of us i-dots (ok speaking for myself there....maybe) that YOU DESERVE LIFE-LONG free pass to doing whatever with whatever and STILL have the respect and admiration of us all here (well most of us, only th e jealous ones might not..lol)...so post away/report away! You have friends and fans here that want to know what the he!! you're doing....at least, thats my $.02/opinion!!!!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:00 PM   #24

I had the best pretzel I've ever had in Bend. Brother Jon's Alehouse across from Deschutes Brewery. Let me know if you stop by, I'm seriously considering a trip north just for that damn pretzel.
michaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:50 PM   #25

CTB, you're too kind. Mostly I just talk too much. I learned all I know and ramble on about from those who came before me. There's a LOT more than meets the eye on this forum for those who care to dig deep into the archives.

Michael, I'm in if there's lots of good liquid bread too. I've been meaning to do a little more brewery research about Bend and other places I plan to explore. High on my list are Deschutes and Ninkasi in Eugene. Maybe Josh (Rockbender) will chime in here?

There used to be a really great beer thread on here. Maybe it needs reviving.

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...-beer-863.html

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...eers-8617.html

So I found two. Go figure. The second one above is the one I remember most.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:56 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post

Most excellent info on Olympic Randall. Any idea how much the Discovery pass is?
I can't remember, but I want to say around $25 and it's good for the year.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:13 PM   #27

Eric, Ninkasi is literally across the street from my office. We do some promotional stuff with them. Come to Eugene and we will go there.
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:59 AM   #28

For the full gamut, do the Bend Ale Trail!
The Bend Ale Trail Beer Tour

There is obviously some fantastic beer here, and some really great pubs too. Deschutes is the classic stop, but there enough others to keep you here an extra day or two! Crux, Boneyard, Worthy, 10 Barrel, Goodlife, Silver Moon... the list goes on. I'm sure more have popped up in the last 6 months that I don't even know about.

Brother John's actually has two locations - the one across from the Deschutes downtown is the newest. The original location is one of our favorite spots in town.

Bend has so many great food and drink options (IMO) that the establishments need to be pretty decent to survive in this environment - good for us, as it is pretty hard to go wrong with wherever you decide to go! No reason to visit Applebee's or Olive Garden while in Bend.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:45 AM   #29

If you get up to Spokane I would be happy to visit the Breweries with ya. We do a twice yearly brewery ride and hit ten pretty good spots.
http://inlandnwaletrail.com/breweries/

If you head through Bend Crux is a must, if only to drool over their amazing brewing setup. The Tough Love is one of the better stouts I've ever had.

Oh and Trout Creek campground on the Deshcutes is pretty excellent. It's got a good mix of rock climbers from around the world and a bunch of fisherman. My kind of people.
CaptainVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 07:26 AM   #30

Good stuff guys. Very good stuff. I'd like to hit a few and love to eat/drink local but of course this is a family trip so it will be somewhat subdued on the suds. Perhaps I can be lucky enough to be totally OUT of civilization yet find a wonderful pub so sample good food and drink at every meal. Probably not gonna happen but we can dream.