Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2015, 10:50 AM   #1

Trip to So Calif - October 2015

Wanted to take an opportunity to thank a number of people who made this trip south so memorable and a pleasure! What was not so apprecaited was the 100 plus degree heat and crazy humidity in So Cal while I was there!

Top of the list goes to boywonder, my brother (non-forum guy- I call him LA Dude), and my brother-in-law Jeff.

Boywonder and Julie were so kind to allow me to frequently visit their beautiful home and extended such great hospitality. boywonder put his own build on the back burner to focus on our van build. Use of his shop, listening to/exploring my wacky ideas, and working together was so much fun and deeply appreciated. I do not have many people(nor much space) in San Francisco to do this with. (rallypanam is off somewhere adventuring). Thank you Scott, you are a great guy!

LA Dude - Let me invade his home and garage, driveway, etc. for the better part of two weeks. I am not sure he really knows what to make of his older brother!

Jeff - Thank you for being a helping hand and companion on doing stuff. Always appreciated.

REDOVAL - Scott, thank you for hosting the meet-up and for getting me into your awesome projector lights. Talking about ideas and your attention to detail is really wonderful. I look forward to more of great ideas in the future

nimzero - SImon, always, always such enjoyable moments of deep exploration of the challenges, wonders, satisfactions of existing on this physical plane. Thank you for just "being"

clubnobbie - you da man when it comes to enthusiasm! Looking forward to some camping trips together!

The guys I got to meet on the way home dropping off seat bases - Dave, Tyler, Jay, and Dae. Great to meet you and happy to see you here on the forum! Special apology to jsnable for showing up at his house somewhat unannounced at 7:30AM on Tuesday morning . I think lack of sleep caught up with me and impaired my already warped sense of appropriate behavior.

Ramsey - Always appreciate your kindness and wisdom. I stopped by Agile and dropped off a FF rear end for a future Beastie 3 mod to correct FORD's weird decision to install SF rear ends in the Super Duty units around mid 2001 without really making it known to anyone. I thought I had a FF until I pullked the hub caps. All the company specs I read said FF was standard in the Super Duty Ext Bed E350's. Deeper research revealed a Corp decsion to change that in late 2001.

Aluminess - Kenny and the crew there are so awesome. I stopped by there to talk about a mod. they are always receptive and willing to give some time out of their busy day. Thanks!

And most of ALL - My wife - 1derGirl - for being understanding and patient with me, and our pursuit of our Beastie 3 build out! I love you

Lastly, thanks to the forum providing the venue to meet such great people!

Onward!

Old 10-16-2015, 05:35 PM   #2

Re: Trip to So Calif - October 2015

Ray, you're too kind. Hell, I'm not even involved in any of this but I know your family a little and you are all too kind!

Thanks for the laugh about Jennifer (1dergirl). That's classic.........and perfect.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:09 PM   #3

Re: Trip to So Calif - October 2015

Ray, always a pleasure to see you. And not just because you appear to my personal parts mule!

Camping? I'm thinking November, before Turkey Day? One weekend? The desert?