Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #21

Garage
Re: twogone trippin' Edit 3-24

Old 05-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogone
We are tightening up the plan... as of now, we are seeking input on:

A. good place(s) to go between Zion and Yosemite... we have two days of slack (6-7, 6-8)

B. good place(s) to go between Yosemite and Newbury Park/Thousand Oaks... two days (6-12, 6-13). Interested in Sequoia and DV about equally.

Thanks so much to all who have given inputs and contacted via pm! We are closing in on a solid plan, and have made many changes on y'alls wisdom
Dude, love the new tag! Very cool.

I'm not sure if you're still filling in these spots. Sorry I haven't responded sooner.
A. I would definitely recommend DV and/or maybe Whitney Portal/Lone Pine/Bishop area off 395. Don't forget to eat at Whoa Nellie Deli (sp).
B. After Yosemite if you are leaving out of the West side going south, I would highly recommend driving in to King's Canyon between Yosemite and Sequoia. Not sure of the highway numbers but an unbelievable place, and almost deserted when we went in high summer. It seems everyone on the planet (literally) stays around Yosemite. At the very end of King's Canyon, take the loop hike around Zumwalt Meadow. One of the prettiest places I've ever been. Camp at Princess CG at the top of the canyon (pretty organized) or the 4-5 CGs at the bottom end of the canyon, which are more rustic. Just FYI though, your choices for crossing the Sierras in this area are the Tioga road through Yosemite or almost a full day's drive around the South side of Sequoia NP and NF which would keep you closer to DV. I'm not sure of your exact proposed path here, so I hope this doesn't confuse. If you look at the map of this area, you will see how few roads go across the Sierras. This is also why King's Canyon is so quiet. It's pretty hard to get to from the east, but so worth it.

Also, very cool that you are meeting up with Suzann. I'm also happy to hear she's carrying on the torch enjoying Jamie's van. That's cool beyond words. Give her our best.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #23

What a great trip planned.

I happen to live in Hollywood Hills. I booked June 14-17th at the State Park in Malibu for
a nice few day getaway. We will not be able to keep that reservation and have already paid for it in advance.

I see you are planning on being in Newbury park those dates. If you would like to have an RV spot across from the beach I would love to see someone occupy it. No cost to you as I have already paid
for it as mentioned above.

My email is copes@me.com and happy to forward you the receipt and such I have confirming the spot and being paid in full already. I think there are 3 State park RV camp grounds in Malibu and this one
is just north of the Kanan Dune Road which is perfect for going from Malibu over to Newbury Park.

Jeff
Old 05-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #24

Consider that done! I'm emailing you now. Wow, just wow... more later
"... torpedo'd, because we don't generally cotton to bullshit around here." -jage
"... do they ooch apart in the night?" -Dia
twogone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:43 PM   #25

Sent you an email with reservation attached for campsite.
will call them on Monday to confirm that you are good to go without my needing
to do anything. Check my email as I think you can log into system and see campsite
and possible spaces. I do not think I was able to reserve a specific site.

If you all want a tour of Pepperdine when there let me know and I will arrange a VIP tour
for you all. Otherwise you can simply drive around the campus and see incredible views from
there.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #26

twogone trippin' Edit 3-24

Hope upu bob have a wonderful trip. Drive safely and enjoy the scenery.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #27
Site Team

Garage

Marc, looks like the Falls in Yosemite are pushin a lot of water.
http://www.fresnobee.com/2013/06/02/332 ... evada.html

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb
Marc, looks like the Falls in Yosemite are pushin a lot of water.
http://www.fresnobee.com/2013/06/02/332 ... evada.html
Sounds like someone else decided to ignore the warning sign and swim in the river above the falls. I don't think the National Park Service is in the habit of placing signs stating that you will die if you go over the falls, just for the heck of it. I guess some people just think it will never happen to them.

Herb