Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2017, 07:06 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
Ha, that's my 17 yr old daughter slaying the pow. All those years ski racing paying off. Video skiing southside down to the road from the same day.
She's rocking it Joe. Yeah that storm was epic! We skied Saturday, and Tuesday. Saw Chris' Vandeisel up there on Tuesday.

wadewaydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:21 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewaydo View Post
She's rocking it Joe. Yeah that storm was epic! We skied Saturday, and Tuesday. Saw Chris' Vandeisel up there on Tuesday.
I saw Chris's rig up there as well and also skied a southside lap with HobieTony/Ambovan. He's got the rad converted ambulance you often see parked in lot #3.

Fun that the 17 yr old likes skiing with her old man, mostly because I know all the slackcountry lines when the area get's tracked out. The 14 yr old is too cool to ski with me but not sure I can hang either.
Attached Thumbnails
upper gully_jackie.JPG  
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 09:12 PM   #33

Great day today at Alta, even though it was snowing all day. Snow conditions were wonderful!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0307.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	14843

Met a cool couple and their twin daughters. They have a very rare super rustic ski in/out cabin here at Alta just above the Cecret chair. Only electric, everything else is off grid. Except for the electric connection and nearly buried under snow, it reminded me of rallyPA's place!

Finished the evening off with a really nice visit with Wanderlust bus and his lady. Shared van passions and ideas. Looking forward to meeting up on more trips!!
Old 02-02-2017, 10:46 PM   #34

Garage
Tetons are going off again. Just sayin'..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-2017, 08:05 AM   #35

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Great day today at Alta, even though it was snowing all day. Snow conditions were wonderful!
Attachment 14843

Met a cool couple and their twin daughters. They have a very rare super rustic ski in/out cabin here at Alta just above the Cecret chair. Only electric, everything else is off grid. Except for the electric connection and nearly buried under snow, it reminded me of rallyPA's place!

Finished the evening off with a really nice visit with Wanderlust bus and his lady. Shared van passions and ideas. Looking forward to meeting up on more trips!!
Thanks for showing off your van! You gave us some great ideas.
Wanderlust Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:37 PM   #36

Garage
Probably too late but I live at the base of little cottonwood canyon by Snowbird/Alta if you needed a driveway or hookups. There is also a park and ride close by where they allow camping (or at least people are doing it all the time). S/E corner of 9400 S and 2000 E (Highland drive). If you haven't moved on and I can help let me know, I'm flying out for Hawaii monday.
nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:02 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisnight View Post
Probably too late but I live at the base of little cottonwood canyon by Snowbird/Alta if you needed a driveway or hookups.
Thanks! We checked out Alta this morning and decided to pass. Quite windy and corn snow falling, so we decided to head to Aspen via Moab. Hanging tonight under the stars in Moab at a friends driveway. Will poke around Moab for a bit in the morning, then off to Aspen at 12:30 for a progressive bonfire dinner on skis, a fund raiser for the local ski teams. We will be in Aspen until Wednesday.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:16 AM   #38

Garage
Hey ray, know round about when you plan on being at sun valley?

Cat skiing at soldier mtn today... stoked!
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:31 AM   #39

Hah, doing a similar trip starting a week from today on the MC pass.

2/10-Boise to Taos via Moab and Durango. We have a couple weeks to spend so dates are in flux after that. Taos back to Durango to hit Purgatory and visit friends. Then to Telluride. Any place to van camp there? I'm not finding much. Might just hit a day there and head north. Or over to Aspen if the snow is good. Once again only finding one place for van camping and it's a ways out of town. Might head over to Frisco to see friends. Then up to SLC to visit friends and hit Snowbird. Depending on timing, maybe north to JH or back home.

I've never hung out around Taos. Probably going to check out the Pueblos. What else should we see?

Keep your eyes open for a white EB with a Super Camper top.
Conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 02:23 PM   #40

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post

I've never hung out around Taos. Probably going to check out the Pueblos. What else should we see?
Taos Pueblo is cool, but they charge you to get in. Depending on the guide you get, the tour can be really neat.

Drive out to the Rio Grande Gorge bridge. It's pretty spectacular. Another good scenic drive is out the high road to Truchas. Lots of beautiful country around Taos.

For an eco-architectual extravaganza, check out the Earthships. I think they charge at the visitor center, though.

If you're a fly fisherman, it's pike season on the Rio Grande right now. We'll be up in Taos 2/10-2/12 doing some fishing (and hopefully catching!).
velo47 is offline   Reply With Quote