Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2017, 01:49 PM   #1

Vancouver island trip in June, care to join me/

It's time for another trip up Vancouver island. My ultimate goal is to camp on West Coast beaches with as few tourists as possible. Last years trip to Cape Scott was spectacular, with long sandy beach's, not another soul to be seen, great company and camping at the water's edge. I don't have a firm schedule or route yet though, but I'll arrive on the Island around the 27th of May and will stay until about June 14th when I'll hop the ferry over to the mainland and the BC overland rally in the Frazier valley. I'd be interested in meeting up with some like minded folks and can arrange my schedule to suit others. I'm most interested in traveling off the paved road as much as possible, finding remote lakes and beaches and simply relaxing with a camp fire, a phenomenal view and a few beers. I"m headed to the island to work on my boat and can break off any time. (any excuse to get away from boat maintance and go camping huh?) Anyone care to join me?
Photos are from last years trip.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF0726.jpg   DSCF0664.jpg   DSCF0669.jpg   DSCF0715.jpg   IMG_2389.jpg  

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:14 PM   #2

We're headed to BC early July, or else we'd seriously consider this! For a Vancouver Island newbie, any hints on getting an EB SMB over to the island, either from Washington (Olympic Peninsula maybe?) or from BC? Does it cost a small fortune? We'd love to spend some time exploring the island, but have no clue.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:14 PM   #3

The price is the same for the EB as a regular car it's within the magic number.

Man I wish I could join in but that's horrible timing for me. I almost had to use a lawyer to get a kitchen pass from my wife for the two overland rally coming up in June

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk
1965 Econoline Travelwagon
A few bicycles...and sandals ;)
Abitibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 04:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
We're headed to BC early July, or else we'd seriously consider this! For a Vancouver Island newbie, any hints on getting an EB SMB over to the island, either from Washington (Olympic Peninsula maybe?) or from BC? Does it cost a small fortune? We'd love to spend some time exploring the island, but have no clue.
You have several options for getting to the island. Ferrys leave from Port Angeles (https://www.cohoferry.com/Schedule), the BC mainland from Horseshoe bay(Ferry Service to Vancouver Island, British Columbia

Or from Anacortes Wa (WSDOT - Ferries - Fares: Anacortes to Sidney B.C.)

The cost is around $100 for the van and driver and a bit more for each passenger. Reservations are a really good idea as the ferrys fill up pretty quickly. I would recomend the Anacortes ferry as it's a very scenic ride, and the customs lines are much shorter than driving over the border where waits can exceede an hour on busy weekends. If your already in BC, the BC ferrys are the way to go. Once your on the island, there is enough exploring to last many years depending on what your into.
Advanced 4wd
Old 05-23-2017, 04:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abitibi View Post
I almost had to use a lawyer to get a kitchen pass from my wife for the two overland rally coming up in June

Guess I'll see you at the BC rally then. I'm skipping the one in Plain, it was much too hot last year.
Advanced 4wd
Old 05-24-2017, 10:40 AM   #6

So, anyone else want to do some remote beach camping?
Advanced 4wd
Old 06-06-2017, 01:26 PM   #7

Garage
I would do this in a second but am booked until the PNW Overland Rally in Plain, WA. My next stop will be the BC Overland Rally as well.

Cheers,
Twolost
twolost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
It's time for another trip up Vancouver island. My ultimate goal is to camp on West Coast beaches with as few tourists as possible. Last years trip to Cape Scott was spectacular, with long sandy beach's, not another soul to be seen, great company and camping at the water's edge. I don't have a firm schedule or route yet though, but I'll arrive on the Island around the 27th of May and will stay until about June 14th when I'll hop the ferry over to the mainland and the BC overland rally in the Frazier valley. I'd be interested in meeting up with some like minded folks and can arrange my schedule to suit others. I'm most interested in traveling off the paved road as much as possible, finding remote lakes and beaches and simply relaxing with a camp fire, a phenomenal view and a few beers. I"m headed to the island to work on my boat and can break off any time. (any excuse to get away from boat maintance and go camping huh?) Anyone care to join me?
Photos are from last years trip.
looks awesome.