Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2018, 10:53 PM   #11

As always your photos are fantastic. When we discussed taking a trip to Iceland, I had no idea how beautiful it really is. So sorry I wasn't able to join you, I look forward to more photos, thanks............

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 03:32 AM   #12

Garage
Waoww, what a success for the start of this new VivaLaVida's thread! Thanks to all of you guys, I didn't expected that much comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitH View Post
Did you have LaVida fit with some of those really big Icelandic van shoes while you were there?
No as it requires big transformation work to fit such huge wheels and it's only needed if you wanna drive on ice caps. But I've seen many Ford E350 with such huge wheels and will show you some picture further in the report.

About hosting pictures, I used to upload it in my forum album to ensure the thread picture links to work fine in the future. I just noticed that there is a 600 pictures limit in one album, that's why I couldn't upload more. I'm gonna create a second album to continue uploading picture for this thread. :-)
Old 10-04-2018, 10:14 AM   #13

Oooh. A dream trip for sure, of course you'd get lots of compliments. I love what I see so far! Can't wait for more...
wadewaydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 12:05 PM   #14

Beautiful pics Claude! Super jealous! Enjoy and keep the pics coming if you can!
Old 10-04-2018, 02:46 PM   #15

Garage
Subscribed!!! Can't wait to see more of the trip, thanks for sharing and making us all wish we were there.
nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 01:06 PM   #16

Garage
VivaLaVida's journey in Iceland (update 5 October)

Thanks again to all of you!

Here is some follow up.

Faroe Islands is a small archipelago right in the middle of the Gulfstream, the warm oceanic current temparating all Northern Europe. It's composed of 18 islands and counts about 50'000 inhabitants whose about 30'000 live in Torshavn, the capital town. It's part of the Denmark but it's autonomus since 1948 with a status of Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy. Ruler is Margrethe II since 1972. Despite a significant decline since 1998, the main economic activity remains fishing, while tourism is steadily growing.

Here are some places VivaLaVida visited.

12. Leaving my first boondocking spot...

[IMG]http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/members/5678-albums1263-

13. Visit of Saksun, a small village. An awesome particularity of the houses there: vegetal roofs.

14. Saksun's church.

15. Saksun is an old village with only 8 inhabitants remaining.

16. Boat garages.

17. I then vent to a well known spot: Leitisvatn, on Vágar Island, a lake suspended about 100 feet over the ocean. It's the largest lake of Faroe Islands.

18. This is a panoramic assembly of 6 vertical pictures taken at the very edge of the cliffwith a 16mm focal lens on full frame body. Impressive enough to give fear of heights!

19. That's the cliff from where I took the previous picture. Can you see the silhouette on the farthest top? It gives the scale! About 500 feet tall!

20. Another beautiful village on Vágar Island.

21. On VivaLaVida's way to a spectacular waterfall, she met Atlantic Puffins.

22. What a beautiful bird!

23. This is another spot often photographed: Gasadalur Waterfall. About 135 feet high falling directly in the ocean. The small village of the same name was one of the most isolated in Faroe Islands until the construction of a tunnel in 2006. Before, the only way to reach it was the sea where a kind of cove allowing small boats to dock when the weather was good. In 1962, the village remained isolated for more than 5 consecutive months because of a series of Atlantic depressions...

That's all for today. To be continued soon.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 10-08-2018, 02:48 AM   #17

Garage
Is it a way to edit the title of the thread to make a further update visible?
Thanks
Old 10-08-2018, 05:56 AM   #18

Garage
wow, so beautiful! Great pix!!
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:44 AM   #19

Your photography is always amazing. Thanks for sharing your journeys!
wish41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:58 AM   #20

Garage
The Lake next to the Cliff's has to be one of the coolest things to see - Very interesting following your adventure, Fantastic shots!