Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2015, 06:14 PM   #11

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrat View Post
While I have you here, Which Campgrounds do you all prefer, and how many nights for a leisurely passage on White Rim Road?
White Crack is a must if you have the time for a layover day - Many people spend 2-3 days there enjoying the quiet. Murphy's "C" is all alone on the west facing rim for nice sunsets and solitude. Potato Bottom "C" has more shade the others.

Other than those they are all pretty much even in my mind. Solitude Isn't a problem until it warms up a ton & the bikers get out there..

dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:30 PM   #12

Garage
Okay, I'll play along..."Which campgrounds ON the White Rim Road do you prefer?"
2000 4Runner Limited 4WD

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
skyrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 11:03 AM   #13

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dick View Post
White Crack is a must if you have the time for a layover day - Many people spend 2-3 days there enjoying the quiet. Murphy's "C" is all alone on the west facing rim for nice sunsets and solitude. Potato Bottom "C" has more shade the others.

Other than those they are all pretty much even in my mind. Solitude Isn't a problem until it warms up a ton & the bikers get out there..
Thank you!!
2000 4Runner Limited 4WD

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Old 12-22-2015, 05:17 PM   #14

Quote:
Okay, I'll play along..."Which campgrounds ON the White Rim Road do you prefer?"
Sorry George, I couldn't resist. I just really wish I was out there anywhere this time of year instead of wet, muggy Tennessee. Yep, it's still wet and muggy here, in December!

I have camped a lot around White Rim, but not actually on it. The loop was impassable due to flooding on the West side last time I was there and we couldn't do the whole thing, so no camping at all for us. We just did a day out and back and got about a third of the way around. We have camped a few times at Cowboy near the park entrance/Island in the Sky, and also just down the road at Horsethief. I'm sure neither are as good or scenic as the ones on the rim trail.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 06:34 PM   #15

Garage
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us all. I have read hundreds of your posts Scotty and I have benefitted from every one.
Thanks!
2000 4Runner Limited 4WD

Old 12-22-2015, 10:20 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
I prefer any campground in Utah. I've heard about 2 nights to do the loop.

two nights, take it slow and hike.......do 3 nights.

I did it in two on a bicycle..
3-SMB's E250's, E350's - (SOLD)
Wheelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 09:30 AM   #17

Quote:
Thank you for sharing your experiences with us all. I have read hundreds of your posts Scotty and I have benefitted from every one.
Thanks!
Thanks man, but I'm no expert, just a guy stuck living on the wrong side of the country. Practically everything I know I've learned from other forum members here, and I've been lucky enough to get out there a few times and explore. I'm always hungry to get back. I'm really trying to figure out how to get out to Moab and a few choice spots in the Southwest, like DV, sometime other than high summer, but my wife is a teacher and my kids are still young. The PNW is the real wonderland to me, but it's like driving to Moab......twice!
It always baffles me to consider what some folks spend on world travel when there's so much to do and see without crossing an ocean.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote