Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-28-2018, 09:40 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
winmag4582001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 223
2" leveling options for 1999+ Ford van..

I've used Maxx Lift in the past ($180).... I've found that a 1999-2010 Ford F250 front leveling kit will work on a van!
On my 99 E350 EB, I used a F250 front leveling kit. Bought 8" 3/4x10 8" bolts off Amazon, then got nuts, lock washers and washers at Ace/True Value....... Total, $50! Used Rancho RS5136 shocks for the front, $80 from ebay.

I'll do a video if anyone wants....
__________________

__________________
2010 Ford E350 EB 6" Weldtec Lift
2017 Subaru Legacy
1990 Volvo 240GL
2x 1987 BMW 535is
1995 BMW 540i6
winmag4582001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:52 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Bbasso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 1,258
What did you do for the rear?
Yes a vid would be cool, but you already knew that lol
__________________

__________________
Rob.
Current:
2001 E350 PSD w/ a bunch of stuff.
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 12:32 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
winmag4582001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 223
In the rear I’m running Monroe HD Coil over shocks. They take out all the sway and add about 1” of rear ride height.
I’ll do a video tomorrow.
__________________
2010 Ford E350 EB 6" Weldtec Lift
2017 Subaru Legacy
1990 Volvo 240GL
2x 1987 BMW 535is
1995 BMW 540i6
winmag4582001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:15 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
winmag4582001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 223
You can use this for the spacers and stud extenders:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Level...Za3mqU&vxp=mtr

These are the bolts I used:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Front Shocks:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rancho-RS51...Na0MDV&vxp=mtr
(If you watch you can usually find them for around $39 each)

Rear Shocks:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Monroe-5550...!US!-1&vxp=mtr

Some people don't like Poly because it can age and crack. I used Poly a lot on my Jeeps because it was quiet and very cheap.

__________________
2010 Ford E350 EB 6" Weldtec Lift
2017 Subaru Legacy
1990 Volvo 240GL
2x 1987 BMW 535is
1995 BMW 540i6
winmag4582001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:06 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 12
Winmag, I was happy to see this post. I ordered the same spacers you linked on ebay for the F350 but they are too small for my 2008 E350. The guy at the local shop put them in for me but the spring diameter is larger than the spacer and the spring has popped out twice already on the right side when turning. I had to have the kit removed and a new spring installed this past friday. I'm out over $400 with the labor and the new spring and no lift again. I was just about to order tires. I'm not sure which way to go next. So much for trying to save a few bucks I guess.
E350Motorcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 05:57 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
winmag4582001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by E350Motorcross View Post
Winmag, I was happy to see this post. I ordered the same spacers you linked on ebay for the F350 but they are too small for my 2008 E350. The guy at the local shop put them in for me but the spring diameter is larger than the spacer and the spring has popped out twice already on the right side when turning. I had to have the kit removed and a new spring installed this past friday. I'm out over $400 with the labor and the new spring and no lift again. I was just about to order tires. I'm not sure which way to go next. So much for trying to save a few bucks I guess.
Sorry for your bad luck. I have yet to have any issues with the setups I've done.

Do you have any pics of the stack he did on the extension at the top?
FWIW, if it wasn't right, why did the shop continue? Why did they charge you money for something that they should have been able to see wasn't right for your application? When people bring me work that they want done and I see that it won't work or is unsafe, I simply give them the correct solution or I completely refuse the work. It's that simple.

Here in Denver there are hundreds of shops that do work. Yet there is but a few that I would ever let touch anything I own. A reputable shop will refuse to do sh!t work regardless of what you pay them.

And on a side note: the shops I have let work on my equipment, none of the guys are ASE certified. The young lady who does all the machine work for me was taught by her grandfather, the alignment shop I use has no computers, the axel/gear shop is ran by men who have real world experience. It's beyond important to find the right people to do work.
__________________
2010 Ford E350 EB 6" Weldtec Lift
2017 Subaru Legacy
1990 Volvo 240GL
2x 1987 BMW 535is
1995 BMW 540i6
winmag4582001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:22 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 12
Thanks for the reply. I did talk with the installer that has been helping me. He does some work at his shop after hours as well, and he suggests I go with the kit from FordPartsOne.com. This is the link he sent me: https://fordpartsone.com/products/e2...10590310695027

He has been working at the Firestone shop for 3 years, and he says this is the only kit they will sell. I have looked a lot of others, but what I like about this one is that it has a rear block setup as well. I am wanting to get lift to clear larger tires, but still be able to load mine down, as I haul my bike to some competitions that are close by. I told him I would let him know something this week.
E350Motorcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:16 AM   #8
Member
 
martinli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Berlin
Posts: 50
Am I missing something?

Hi,
I read a lot about 2" Lifts and Leveling Kits.

In generall there are three ways to go :


- 1st : take some "advanced" Leveling kit which puts a spacer under the spring. ==> I don't like the idea of putting just a spacer under the spring.



- 2nd : take a longer/stronger spring like Moog CC880s and do camber adjustment. ==> this seems to be the obvious and cheapest way.


- 3rd : take Weldtec Leveling kit which includes longer Springs and a modified radius arm. ==> its expensive



Cheers,
Martin
__________________
E350 - 2014 - 2WD
martinli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:29 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
winmag4582001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by E350Motorcross View Post
Thanks for the reply. I did talk with the installer that has been helping me. He does some work at his shop after hours as well, and he suggests I go with the kit from FordPartsOne.com. This is the link he sent me: https://fordpartsone.com/products/e2...10590310695027

He has been working at the Firestone shop for 3 years, and he says this is the only kit they will sell. I have looked a lot of others, but what I like about this one is that it has a rear block setup as well. I am wanting to get lift to clear larger tires, but still be able to load mine down, as I haul my bike to some competitions that are close by. I told him I would let him know something this week.
FWIW, I wouldn't let Firestone's master mechanic touch my lawnmower.
__________________
2010 Ford E350 EB 6" Weldtec Lift
2017 Subaru Legacy
1990 Volvo 240GL
2x 1987 BMW 535is
1995 BMW 540i6
winmag4582001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:32 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
winmag4582001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinli View Post
Hi,
I read a lot about 2" Lifts and Leveling Kits.

In generall there are three ways to go :


- 1st : take some "advanced" Leveling kit which puts a spacer under the spring. ==> I don't like the idea of putting just a spacer under the spring.



- 2nd : take a longer/stronger spring like Moog CC880s and do camber adjustment. ==> this seems to be the obvious and cheapest way.


- 3rd : take Weldtec Leveling kit which includes longer Springs and a modified radius arm. ==> its expensive



Cheers,
Martin
1. Most all lifts are a spacer
2. Stiffer springs will drastically stiffen the ride
3. Jeremy at Weldtec builds high quality stuff, and that level of quality costs $$$
__________________

__________________
2010 Ford E350 EB 6" Weldtec Lift
2017 Subaru Legacy
1990 Volvo 240GL
2x 1987 BMW 535is
1995 BMW 540i6
winmag4582001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sportsmobile SIP or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.