Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2016, 03:15 PM   #1

CR Laurence Awning Windows

Does anybody have any advice on how to fix a CR Laurence awning window on the driver side. The window is directly above the stove. The low part of the window pops out when you twist the handle. It appears to be stripped. I have ordered a new slant sill operator but not sure how to replace it. I'd rather not start taking screws out unless I need to.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jimmy

jkackley724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:05 PM   #2

Garage
Jimmy,
I have an issue with one of my awning windows too. The lower glass on the Passenger side window started to fall out as the hinge somehow failed. Are you sure it is a CR Laurence window? I just looked in their van window catalog and did not find the type I have. Do you have a link for the type in your van?
Are yours like this?

I would write to Peter Del Toro at SMB Fresno, or give them a call. Peter knows all the systems, but can be hard to reach and usually answers email better than voice mail.
2000 4Runner Limited 4WD

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
skyrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:10 PM   #3

Here's my thread on trying to repair these windows:

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...lue-12146.html

TLDR: I gave up and glued them shut permanently.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:11 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrat View Post
I would write to Peter Del Toro at SMB Fresno, or give them a call. Peter knows all the systems, but can be hard to reach and usually answers email better than voice mail.
He answers email? Not to me!
Old 04-06-2016, 04:45 PM   #5

Garage
I read the thread and posted over there while you were posting over here. Any new developments?

Peter is a great guy. He is the only guy at SMB Fresno that knows the combination to just about all the systems. I hope he writes it down so that it doesn't go if he decides to retire. As far as I know, there is no one else to go to. He actually called me back yesterday because I had a fairly urgent question for him. He is way overworked, that is not to say that they probably need someone else to take some of the load off of his shoulders. But, I am not sure he has the time to train another.

Be persistent. He doesn't like getting the same mail every day and will answer if you keep at it.

Sorry for the hijack...
2000 4Runner Limited 4WD

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
skyrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 04:08 PM   #6

I'm having the same problems with my CR Lurence awning window. The bottom part pops out when you twist the handle but when I twist the handle the other way it doesn't go all the way back, it feels like the threads are stripped.

Did you figure a way to fix it?

Carl
carln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 04:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by carln View Post
I'm having the same problems with my CR Lurence awning window. The bottom part pops out when you twist the handle but when I twist the handle the other way it doesn't go all the way back, it feels like the threads are stripped.

Did you figure a way to fix it?

Carl
Nope. But, I did hear from Peter finally, and have a quote for them to replace the windows. Not 100% sold yet that I want to, since presumably the new ones will eventually have the same issue...
Old 06-27-2016, 04:47 PM   #8

I found a place online that sells the crank for the windows but realized if I wanted to replace the crank I would have to take the entire window out. Seems ridiculous to have to take the entire window out just replace the crank.

Here is the link to the part that I think is broken.

R7023 - CRL Right Hand Window Slant Sill "Mini" Operator 1-13/16" Screw Holes
jkackley724 is offline   Reply With Quote