Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2015, 08:46 PM   #51

Re: DIY Aluminum Underfloor Storage

This looks like a great mod, I am running the RB50 floor plan, and wonder about the potential for putting my house batteries in this location, any thoughts on that? Also, I looked through the posts and didn't see much in the way of direction regarding what type of hatch and hinge to use, I notice a piano hinge for one install, how are you making the door close flush and making it look so clean? Nice work on the boxes and the various installation threads, very helpful for a guy thinking of cutting (another) big hole in his van!

Best,
C.

c7train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:57 PM   #52

Finally got around to installing mine this week and it’s great. Measured about 20 times and bit off the hole little by little to make sure I didn’t mess anything up. I hadn’t accounted very well for my aftermarket oversized exhaust so it barely fit after shifting towards the drivers side but it’s pretty cool now that it’s in there! The box is made wonderfully, Sam did an amazing job on it. I painted mine a textured black and you would never know it’s there from the outside.

Anybody that has one of these have any lid rattling issues off road? Haven’t taken it anywhere yet just thinking that might be something I want to resolve beforehand. If anybody has done anything to soften it up, let me know.

Thanks Sam!
ndubes is offline   Reply With Quote