Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2014, 11:32 AM   #11

Re: DIY glove box on the door panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnandMandi

What ford ones do you have? That would be a great addition to our van.

-John

John
I found an old pic in my archive. This is a door panal for an older model like we have.
If i had a chance to get this at a junkyard here in germany i would spend a lot of time....

Attached Thumbnails
1_f.jpg  

schluchtenflitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 01:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pschitt
Door panels are different with new dashboard design, since 2009 I guess. So mine wouldn't fit your doors John.
Although as shown just above, there was a "rigid door pocket" design in the later pre-2009 rigs. I'm not sure when it showed up, but my 1998 has the elastic/fabric pockets, and a friend's 2003 has the lower/rigid door boxes.

I was thinking of trying to find a newer door panel to add them to my rig, but then found I keep a wheel chock in the rear area of the driver's footwell (where my feet never go), and a row of cut off milk jugs in the passenger one (when I don't have passengers) with things like Windex bottles, quarts of oil, etc. Still, I'm sure I'd find equivalent good uses for the Ford rigid box pockets. And the homemade ones in this thread are really cool!
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:34 PM   #13

John, I have the ones schluchtenflitzer posted a pic of above. They were stock on the XLT vans around 2000 or so up. Mine are not the originals, they are salvage yard upgrades from an 02 or 03. The ones that came with my van had no pockets whatsoever.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:06 AM   #14

Thanks, next time we go junk yarding I'll pay more attention. Most vans here are sans door panels by the time we get there though.

-John
Old 12-15-2014, 09:52 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnandMandi
Thanks, next time we go junk yarding I'll pay more attention. Most vans here are sans door panels by the time we get there though.

-John
Most are gone in most vans. You would have to be real quick! This may pay off when you guys are on the road as you'll pass lots of yards when you are in urban areas. Pull-a-Part (which is the main one here) has a search function on their site. I was fortunate enough to find an individual who buys vans for his company and was parting out 3 or so of them. In a yard, the doghouse, seats and door panels are usually gone first.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 10:59 AM   #16

Our 2006 has the full door chip/dirt collectors...the lid is a good idea, except on my wifes side, since it is overfull and nothing else can settle in there
moorefc is offline   Reply With Quote