Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2015, 10:02 PM   #11
Site Team

Garage
Re: Electric Penthouse Issue

OK the ram push rod. I've never seen that although my older version has had the same issues from what others have posted in the past. The newer version like you have was supposed to take care of that problem...guess it still exists. Thanks for the update.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:56 AM   #12

Re: Electric Penthouse Issue

Looking at my center supports, they filed the inside, probably to clear the tube in the extended position. I wonder if weld extrusion may contribute to the failure of these? The filing looks like a good idea. Also the cross bar pin is a bolt with a jam nut, and some threads are acting as part of the pivot surface.

Also since my rear ram cross beam connectives were disconnected when I found them after several years of service by previous owner, I put the bolt washer order together a bit differently than Mikes. This describes the issue history
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=16898

Here is a pic of the washer stack order, and pics of the filing on the center supports.

The washer stack is interesting, both vehicles are 2006, mine Texas, Mikes I assume is Cal. I put the washers in based on wear marks on the parts....Mikes pictured assembly above makes more sense, since it limits the sliding track frictional area to the outer roof channel.
Attached Thumbnails
Drvsidecrossfiling.jpg   DPasssidecrossfiling.jpg   Pass Side Assembled new 2_5in bolt blu loctite washer.jpg  
moorefc is offline   Reply With Quote