Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #1

"Eli Brackets" Update??

Anyone working on Eli Brackets? I'm still thinking I'd like a Fiamma 45 S awning mounted on the van without drilling holes in my van. Sportsmobile seems to be the only game in town for us folks with PH tops, and maybe the Sportsmobile brackets are still the best way to go.

salivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeta
"Eli Brackets" Update??

How many would be interested? I could have a run done copying my genuine Eli set.

They are vastly superior to the SMB method--which I had unpleasant experience with.

Z

https://www.tomsinclair.net
Zeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #3

Re: "Eli Brackets" Update??

There's been a few threads about the imminent fabrication of new/different mounting brackets but no hard news. In any case, I'm interested.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #4

Re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta
How many would be interested? I could have a run done copying my genuine Eli set.

They are vastly superior to the SMB method--which I had unpleasant experience with.

Z
Any estimate of how they would hold at fairly high speed on a washboard road? I've bought and sold two used awnings (smoking deals that I ended up passing along to other members) because I just can't get comfortable with mounting options. I had to fabricate some plates to repair the SMB mounts on my Ford so I'm really gun-shy. As we camp mostly in Baja, we could really use the shade.
webbmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #5

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeta
"Eli Brackets" Update??

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbmac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta

Z
Any estimate of how they would hold at fairly high speed on a washboard road? I've bought and sold two used awnings (smoking deals that I ended up passing along to other members) because I just can't get comfortable with mounting options. I had to fabricate some plates to repair the SMB mounts on my Ford so I'm really gun-shy. As we camp mostly in Baja, we could really use the shade.
My Eli brackets have been perfect on all kinds of roads. Since they clamp to the raingutter--which is very strong--yhey hold well. They are modelled on the factory Fiamma models for VW vans.

Z

https://www.tomsinclair.net
Zeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #6

Garage
"Eli Brackets" Update??

I really thought it would be a simple thing to get these done. I am learning quickly how easily fab guys move with the shifting sands of opportunity. I guess this project has just proven to be too low on the profit scale to get done. I will throw a last ditch effort to follow up on progress. Last time I got the "yeah it should be no big deal". Anyway, I need a set also and will yet again report back.

Brad
Old 12-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #7

Vandiesel, I understand. In the words of my engineering mentor: "there is no such thing as an easy project".
Old 12-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #8

Ive been waiting for and wanting a set of these for some time. Just don't like the SMB ones at all.
I had the same style of brackets on my VW syncro with same size awning and they help up wonderfuly under some serious conditions.
TraceyAZ
Old 12-13-2012, 12:36 AM   #9

"Eli Brackets" Update??

Can someone please post a picture of the Eli bracket? I'd like to compare it to my stock rusted SMB brackets. Idea on approx price as well, thanks.

Romeo
Old 12-13-2012, 07:56 AM   #10

Garage

I've been putting off getting an awning waiting for the resurrection of the Eli brackets.

Stainless steel?