Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2016, 09:21 AM   #1

How to lift 04 E-150 Rear?

We have a 04 E-150 that we are having a UVL (Under Vehicle lift) wheelchair ramp installed in for our son.
We are being told that we need to lift the rear of the van to that equal to a e-250.

I need some help/advice in the best way to do this. Thanks

EDIT:
I am waiting for their service dept to confirm exactly what we need to do. However, based on them verifying the VIN and weight capacity and then making the statement involving 'ground clearance'...I'm assuming that it is just height.

Honestly though after driving it again today, a bit more stiffness wouldn't hurt a bit...seems just a bit 'soft' in the rear....however my daily driver is a 7.3 F350 with 4" lift and 35" tires...so ANYTHING else will feel soft.
I'm planning to have the rear springs inspected tomorrow so I can see if the van is sitting where it should be anyhow.

gwffw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 09:44 AM   #2

Do you just need extra height, or do you also need additional load capacity? A set of e250 rear springs from the junkyard could be a possibility if you need both height and capacity gains, or just an add-a-leaf in addition to your current rear springs would have similar results. If you only need the extra height, a lift block of the desired height (goes between your axle and leaf springs) and new longer u-bolts would do the trick.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 04:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
Do you just need extra height, or do you also need additional load capacity? A set of e250 rear springs from the junkyard could be a possibility if you need both height and capacity gains, or just an add-a-leaf in addition to your current rear springs would have similar results. If you only need the extra height, a lift block of the desired height (goes between your axle and leaf springs) and new longer u-bolts would do the trick.
I am waiting for their service dept to confirm exactly what we need to do. However, based on them verifying the VIN and weight capacity and then making the statement involving 'ground clearance'...I'm assuming that it is just height.

Honestly though after driving it again today, a bit more stiffness wouldn't hurt a bit...seems just a bit 'soft' in the rear....however my daily driver is a 7.3 F350 with 4" lift and 35" tires...so ANYTHING else will feel soft.
I'm planning to have the rear springs inspected tomorrow so I can see if the van is sitting where it should be anyhow.
gwffw is offline   Reply With Quote