Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2018, 10:57 AM   #11

I decided NOT to spend a lot of pesos on window shades/curtains so I just bought some reflectix cut it just a wee bit larger than the windows and stick it in at night. Cheap cheap cheap. I store the 4 pieces beGood luckhind my fold up bed. Works great!!

Toyo AT 2's 285/R75-16's
1959 Chevy Apache Hot Rod
jjtwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:04 AM   #12

We are thinking of doing something similar after looking at all the options out there. We will cut the reflectix a little larger than the windows, and then cover them with some thin fabric. Then we are planning to sew horizontal seams in them every inch or two so that they can be rolled up a little easier. I want them to be semi-permanently mounted to the windows so that we don't have to store them anywhere. So right now I am thinking I might install a few snaps on the top of each, and then a snap or magnet strap to keep them up when we roll them up. Going to try to avoid velcro though, in Phoenix the adhesive just gets kind of nasty. I'll post pictures when we get this project going. It's on my winter list
ndubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:15 PM   #13

Great idea
Good luck
Toyo AT 2's 285/R75-16's
1959 Chevy Apache Hot Rod
jjtwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 09:32 AM   #14

Is it winter yet? Looking for ideas as well. Mine is and will be a passenger van, but roadtrips would be cool for the kiddos to darken the van and put a movie on or something
KyleC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 03:52 PM   #15

Quick update, I enlisted some help in this project after trying my own hand out at sewing and I really stink at it! But it's coming out great, here's the first set. Outside is blackout kind of nylon canvas on both sides with a nice heavy duty hem on the outer seams. Inside is long strips of closed cell foam, and then it's sewn horizontally between each strip to facilitate rolling it up a little better. Velcro loops at the top to keep it up when rolled. It snaps at the top and at the bottom. That's the one thing I'm not sure I love so far, I might end up replacing the snaps at the bottom with something that requires zero-force to remove it. Thinking of those twist style buckles you see inside of suitcase dividers if anyone is familiar with that. Should have all the windows finished next week, also installing some rear pop-out windows I got from @Eric D at the same time so I need to get those in before finishing up the rear shades. Then we just need to test it out on an adventure. Rig is headed up to CCV pretty soon though for a pop-top install so I might not get to take it camping for a few months.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1800.jpg   IMG_1796.jpg  
Old 01-17-2019, 03:54 PM   #16

I totally love this idea once you get it perfected I'll take a set!
Old 01-17-2019, 03:55 PM   #17

ha, i'm not a vendor sorry! but I think you could take the photos to any upholstery person or even a seamstress with some measurements and they could make them pretty easily.
Old 01-17-2019, 03:56 PM   #18

I know you're not a vendor but you got the idea so just make it again [emoji1787]
Old 01-17-2019, 04:21 PM   #19

You could be a vendor before too long I think a lot of people would like them!
Old 01-17-2019, 10:03 PM   #20

If you decide to make more of those window covers (4 doors) please let me know how much.
Thanks!
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote