Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2019, 07:36 PM   #1

Leak!!

Hey guys I have a 2002 E-250 Traverse with a Salem Kroger conversion. I’m getting water coming in on the passenger side floor area right around the front edge of the step. I can’t seem to trace to the source but it’s pretty bad any amount of rain and its WET. I’ve taken off the side plastic cover but again don’t see anything. I’ve heard it could be the Windshield?? Thanks for any help!!
Attached Thumbnails
8CBF3474-0BAA-43CB-9C67-64E63B3262BB.jpg   516FBC10-D9EF-4CDF-B3DB-866F8519772E.jpg  

Fishingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 07:42 PM   #2
Site Team

Some threads to check out.

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...eld-24369.html

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ows-21062.html

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ers-18780.html

Herb
Old 12-23-2019, 05:10 AM   #3

Thanks!!.
Old 12-23-2019, 04:21 PM   #4

Garage
I had similar a while back - It may seem too obvious to even mention, but I hadn't realized where my leak was originating from either...until my wife pushed the top of the door gasket back into place... it slipped down about 3/4" (I have several wires that run underneath) and the glue had no longer been holding the gasket in-place. Consequently, there was just enough of a gap to allow water to enter - not a whole lot, but enough to make the floor carpet wet. The water would run down along the inside edge of the door frame. Didn't help my ego much at the time, but solved the problem.
Old 12-23-2019, 04:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
I had similar a while back - It may seem too obvious to even mention, but I hadn't realized where my leak was originating from either...until my wife pushed the top of the door gasket back into place... it slipped down about 3/4" (I have several wires that run underneath) and the glue had no longer been holding the gasket in-place. Consequently, there was just enough of a gap to allow water to enter - not a whole lot, but enough to make the floor carpet wet. The water would run down along the inside edge of the door frame. Didn't help my ego much at the time, but solved the problem.
Wow I have to check in the morning but if this is the case I’d be thrilled and feel like a dummy... Hahha thanks!!
Old 12-27-2019, 04:35 AM   #6
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
FWIW as originally built the on-body door seal isn't held by any sort of adhesive--it simply fits snugly over the pinch weld body seam and tends to stay in place by itself.

Of course if you run wires etc under it a small dab of 3M Weatherstrip adhesive would work wonders maybe placing it at the top corners only. Don't over do this application as it might be necessary to remove the seal at some point in the future and too much will make this difficult and/or possibly damage the semi-expensive door seal.

HTH
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 07:04 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
FWIW as originally built the on-body door seal isn't held by any sort of adhesive--it simply fits snugly over the pinch weld body seam and tends to stay in place by itself.

Of course if you run wires etc under it a small dab of 3M Weatherstrip adhesive would work wonders maybe placing it at the top corners only. Don't over do this application as it might be necessary to remove the seal at some point in the future and too much will make this difficult and/or possibly damage the semi-expensive door seal.

HTH
I just checked the seal around the door is completely fine and in the right spot. That don’t not seem to be the area where water is coming in. Still trying to figure it out...