Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2014, 08:56 PM   #21

Re: LEDs in ThinLites

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfdadken
for those of you with more money than time I noticed Thinlight make LED fixtures to replace both models used by Sportsmobile. They do not appear to be much more than the bulbs i have found on line and they are dim-able.
Been looking round the Thinlight site and cannot find these...would you by chance have a link or part number?

rarrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:16 PM   #22

www.thinlite.com/resources/document.../ ... um-catalog?

the link to the catalog. also saw them at Ricks Trailer Supply in San Clemente ca Ken
yada yada yada
surfdadken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:22 PM   #23

Garage

Nice mod.

I just finished replacing all of the interior lights with LED's. The four fluorescent thinlites as shown in this thread, the two reading lights with LED bulb replacements as well as the front dome lights and the AFT two way fixture.

So now that the current drawing is something much less than before, shouldn't I (we) be replacing the system fuses with something less than the original 30A fuses? Or doesn't it matter?

This forum is the best thing going on for the SMB...

Matt
dar636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:17 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfdadken
http://www.thinlite.com/resources/document.../doc.../1-led-premium-catalog?

the link to the catalog. also saw them at Ricks Trailer Supply in San Clemente ca Ken

Link didn't work for me but thank you for pointing out there is a catalog (found no prob) and the source / Ricks trailer!
rarrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 11:59 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar636
Nice mod.
So now that the current drawing is something much less than before, shouldn't I (we) be replacing the system fuses with something less than the original 30A fuses? Or doesn't it matter?
I suppose you are right. I think they will work fine with the old high amp fuses (obviously), but in the interest of safety, a lower amp fuse should probably be put in place. I'm not an EE...what would be an appropriate fuse rating?

Next question: Where are the fuses for the ThinLites? On my SMB, I honestly don't know. I wish I could keep my SMB here at the house so I could just run out and look, but that's a rant for another forum.

Quote:
This forum is the best thing going on for the SMB...
You said it, bruddah! Best community on the intertubes.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:58 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by photographix
Quote:
Originally Posted by dar636
Nice mod.
Next question: Where are the fuses for the ThinLites? On my SMB, I honestly don't know. I wish I could keep my SMB here at the house so I could just run out and look, but that's a rant for another forum.
Not sure about anyone else's SMB, but the fuse for the two ThinLites that are installed on the PH roof is located in a red fuse holder poking out of a black wire loom that in the front, driver side, inside corner of our penthouse. We can only get to it when the PH is up and runs vertically along that corner. It is a 10 amp fuse for both lights.

It took me a while to find it a couple weeks ago after doing something stupid...
Old 01-17-2014, 12:59 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwindansea

Not sure about anyone else's SMB, but the fuse for the two ThinLites that are installed on the PH roof is located in a red fuse holder poking out of a black wire loom that in the front, driver side, inside corner of our penthouse. We can only get to it when the PH is up and runs vertically along that corner. It is a 10 amp fuse for both lights.

It took me a while to find it a couple weeks ago after doing something stupid...
My PH doesn't seem to have anything like what you describe. The only fuse block I recall is under one of the pull-out beds/dinette seats. Have to look next time I have the beast at the house.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:52 AM   #28
Site Team

I always found SMB installed fuses to be like a treasure hunt, and from this forum there seems to be little consistancy in where they are located.

Always felt that SMB should include a list of fuses, their locations and rating with every build.

Herb
Old 03-28-2020, 11:51 AM   #29

Updating this thread a bit since I'm looking for LED fixtures to replace my florescents in my 2011. ThinLite's RV fixtures can be found here: https://thinlite.com/recreational-vehicles/
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 07:22 AM   #30
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
Updating this thread a bit since I'm looking for LED fixtures to replace my florescents in my 2011. ThinLite's RV fixtures can be found here: https://thinlite.com/recreational-vehicles/
I've been using Thin-Lite fixtures for over 20 years now---they're pretty amazing but a bit pricey and still worth it.

Started with the T-12 fluorescent tube fixtures way back in 1990 or so, those have been installed in three different vehicles and still in use today.

I've since graduated to the LED's already assembled, have three of the LED- 1743BKP's installed and they turn night into day. They draw just about 2.1 amps when all three are on and in the brightest mode---awesome!

BTW Photographix even though its been 7+ years I like your conversion--creative re-fitting!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote