Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2019, 12:18 AM   #11

Method 701 pros and cons

I recently purchased from a well-known van suspension company a set of "Bead Grip" Method 701s and 275-70R17 BFG KO2s for my 4x4 High roof Sprinter 144 Sportsmobile conversion.
Pros
1) Held bead while aired down on rough wash-board roads on trial run. Ride was MUCH more comfortable!
2) They look great on the van!
Cons
1) They feel like they aren't balanced correctly. I brought them to a local shop today to see if they could do a better job of balancing them than the company I purchased them from. They said that with no lip for wheel weights they probably couldn't do any better using stick on weights than the company I bought them from. Their suggestion is to try internal weight beads, which they have had some luck with.

Anyone else had this problem with Method 701s?

OurayMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 03:31 PM   #12

I meet the owners of Method at the NORRA a couple years ago. They were racing a '71 Ford F100. Really nice guys.
inspired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 05:41 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurayMark View Post
I recently purchased from a well-known van suspension company a set of "Bead Grip" Method 701s and 275-70R17 BFG KO2s for my 4x4 High roof Sprinter 144 Sportsmobile conversion.
Pros
1) Held bead while aired down on rough wash-board roads on trial run. Ride was MUCH more comfortable!
2) They look great on the van!
Cons
1) They feel like they aren't balanced correctly. I brought them to a local shop today to see if they could do a better job of balancing them than the company I purchased them from. They said that with no lip for wheel weights they probably couldn't do any better using stick on weights than the company I bought them from. Their suggestion is to try internal weight beads, which they have had some luck with.

Anyone else had this problem with Method 701s?
I have heard some wheels are hub centric vs lug centric and need a different balance machine.....looks like that might be the case with Method.
There are balance beads lots of people like, but I have not used them.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:42 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspired View Post
I meet the owners of Method at the NORRA a couple years ago. They were racing a '71 Ford F100. Really nice guys.
Funny I have been chasing at NORRA since 2013 and seen them many times but never made a point to intro myself as I never needed wheels before.
Wish I had shook hand and shared a taco or two now though