Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2018, 07:45 AM   #81
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
My big fat interior (re)build

A few more items off the punch list that needed to get done before diving into cabinet install next week. Since the cabs and counter top were going to be raised up a good bit, and will already be blocking off about half of the lower part of the window, I bottom mounted the new day/night shade on the galley side.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3694.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	24143

Name:	IMG_3695.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	24144
Passenger side top mounted

Name:	IMG_3696.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	24145
Holding up the new trim

Name:	IMG_3697.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	24146
Door panel cutouts, they’ll get wrapped in the marine vinyl, next will be building the boxes that insert into the door cavities. This time I marked where the floor height hits the barn doors, I realized after I cut out the metal framing that there’s no real reason to go below that line, you wouldn’t be able to access it when the barn doors are shut and a cab door wouldn’t fit anyway. The depths of the boxes I’ll be building are marked off and you can see the plastics installed with the new gray

Name:	IMG_3690.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	24147

Name:	IMG_3691.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	24148

Name:	IMG_3692.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	24149

Name:	IMG_3693.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	24150

CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 09:37 AM   #82

looking great. Are you eliminating all your speakers?
Nrobert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:11 AM   #83
REF

My big fat interior (re)build

The barn door speaker was eliminated a long time ago when I put in a new system, 2 new speakers went into the rear doors but I’ve found they were often blocked by our stuff when we were packed for a trip because they were so low in the doors. So my idea now is to mount swiveling JLAudio wakeboard tower speakers to the underside of the rear door trim panel. It may block a bit of the view out the back windows but will allow me to back into a camp spot, open up the rear doors, swivel the speakers to point out and have some good camp tunes, more important than being able to see what’s behind me. If that doesn’t work out, I’ll mount the regular coax speakers into the trim panel.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
Old 11-18-2018, 07:00 PM   #84

holy smokes if this isn't some inspiration! looks great!
Old 11-18-2018, 11:24 PM   #85

I have to agree with many. Awesome, inspirational build. I'm learning so much! Thanks so much!

Wandering Bob
WanderingBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 06:12 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
The barn door speaker was eliminated......
Do you have an aftermarket head unit with a back up camera? If so, can you turn it on permanently? That's what I've done in a couple vans. Works great and who cares how much junk blocks your view. I also like it on always so I can see a trailer, what's on my racks, etc.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:10 AM   #87
REF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Do you have an aftermarket head unit with a back up camera? If so, can you turn it on permanently? That's what I've done in a couple vans. Works great and who cares how much junk blocks your view. I also like it on always so I can see a trailer, what's on my racks, etc.

Of course.....and yes. There’s no way I’d be driving the van around without a backup camera. Not only for backing safety, but makes for hooking up the hitches a breeze. I had it installed years ago when we were towing our boat to Powell, then used it for our off road trailer, now we’ve got the Lance we’ll be towing. I had it mounted low on the bumper just below the rear doors for a better angle and view of the hitch when hooking up, since it has a wide angle lens it gives a pretty good view.
I am also into my tunes, I’m a big music fan and go to see a lot of concerts, one of the first mods I do in almost any car I drive is install a new system-head unit, speakers, amp and of course, can’t forget the bass!! And lots of sound deadening material.....
CCV High Profile Pop Top
Old 11-29-2018, 08:59 PM   #88
REF

Hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving break, we had some friends over and managed to avoid burning the house down or other YouTube worthy video frying our first turkey...yummy! Yes, we did it outside and it was thoroughly thawed, brined then dried.
Been making some progress the last few weeks, slowly but surely.
Base cabs and kitchen cab are installed and secured.

Name:	IMG_3752.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	24358
Test fitting the pantry/closet unit before it gets pulled for laminate. We added an open shelf space at the back.

Name:	IMG_3753.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	24359
I went with new angle brackets and through bolted in 4 locations, feels pretty solid

Name:	IMG_3761.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	24360
A little charge station shelf behind the drivers seat. That’s a flush mount combo USB/12V outlet back there in the corner

Name:	IMG_3757.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	24361
Managed to get the gray water tank in and drain hole drilled, I ended up going with a ball valve mounted inside instead of the external waste gate that I previously had. Just a choice, either works, I liked the idea of having all my plumbing inside

Name:	IMG_3758.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	24362

Name:	IMG_3759.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	24363

Name:	IMG_3763.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	24364
Here’s a pic of the Ruvati sink and faucet staged before being flush mounted into the butcher block countertop. Pretty nice unit, it’s a deep square heavy gauge SS sink, came in an available RV package with strainer basket, in sink colander and flush mount cutting board.

Name:	IMG_3755.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	24365

Name:	IMG_3754.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	24366
Got all the upper trim mounted up, I’ve decided the speaker pods I ordered were too big and bulky to mount and hang below the rear trim, I will be using my existing speakers that were in the rear doors and incorporating them into a box that will be part of a new ceiling panel mounted below the rear pop top bed platform

Name:	IMG_3762.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	24367
CCV High Profile Pop Top
Old 11-29-2018, 09:19 PM   #89

Very nice Rick. I like the higher countertops and certainly that sink. Care to post a link for that?

Also, that ball valve for your gray tank inside is pretty nice. Just think, you can just crack it a bit and drain your tank slowly as you drive. I don't approve of this at all for a black tank but people have done it. For a gray tank I think it's a good idea.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:47 PM   #90
REF

Ya, thanks, my thoughts precisely on the internal ball valve. I usually had kept the SMB outside installed gate valve open when we aren’t in an organized campground, but it was obvious when it was open because the handle sticks out and the cap is dangling.
I think I’ll enjoy having the higher countertop, it was at such an awkward height before, not quite low enough when seated and too low when standing.
Not at all, here’s the link to the sink....
Ruvati 15" x 15" Workstation Drop-in Topmount Bar Prep RV Sink 16 Gauge Stainless Steel - RVH8215 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077NL6TDW..._o1laCbNYE2D76
CCV High Profile Pop Top