Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #41

Re: New SMB Owner: 93 Ford E250 2x4

BTW - I raised my rear by pulling some leafs out of a pair of F350 springs and adding them to the stock van springs. Worked pretty well, and still rides nice. Used springs are pretty cheap.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:35 AM   #42

Thanks for the links and the pics. Is there a reason you choose the F series kit over the E series kit that they offer?

http://maxx-lift.com/products/E250-E350 ... -INCH.html

My Build Thread
SCBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:11 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBrian
Thanks for the links and the pics. Is there a reason you choose the F series kit over the E series kit that they offer?

http://maxx-lift.com/products/E250-E350 ... -INCH.html
hmm, good question. I'm 99% sure I ordered/received the E-Series version, but the link I copied directly from my email invoice was the one I pasted in my response.

Here's my email dialogue with MaxxLift:

State/province: New Jersey
Subject: E250 E350 2WD LEVELING KIT 2 INCH
Body: your link specifies 1999-2011. Will this work with a 1993 Ford E250?

Hello and thank you for your message.

Although we have used this kit on earlier models, it is not a direct fit item, therefore we do not market it for other years. Having said that, the spacer’s physical dimensions are correct for the coil spring, however, on some models the stud extender is different. If my memory serves me correctly (I’m getting old) the 1993 had a bolt that runs through to hold the lower spring clamp in place. If so, you should be able to replace the bolt with a 3/4” bolt to match up the the extender and make it work. This is one of those grey areas where you’d have to be willing to make the kit work for you. I do not have a direct fit listing for the earlier models. I do however show 847 of this kit in stock if you do choose to get one, it will ship immediately.

I hope this helps.

Travis - thanks for getting back to me. I have no problem making it work for my application. Right now I'm just doing my research. Do you guys have anything to help the rear of the van? BTW, this is all for a 1993 Ford E250 Sportmobile 2WD. I'm trying to avoid going up the full 6" with the kits that are on the market. I just want to clear some 32/33" tires and don't need the full 6" lift. Thanks again.
You could use a rear BLOCK KIT, but our LP7 KIT may give you enough without all the hassle. Although not indented for lifting, the LP7 when adjusted will typically yield about 1.5” of lift due to existing spring fatigue. So often this is what we use on the rear of a E Series.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #44

New SMB Owner: 93 Ford E250 2x4

Great! Thanks again.

My Build Thread
SCBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #45

was finally able to kick off the fabrication of the rear bumper swing-arm project I’ve been lusting after for a couple years now. And by kick off, I mean the fabricators were back from their holiday break and willing to start my project ?

I received the second piece of the puzzle via UPS yesterday (the first piece being a bunch of hardware from McMaster). This is a Pelican 1690 case. Most of you are familiar with Pelican I’m sure. I use them for my professional camera gear. I picked up this beauty for $150 shipped off of ebay (reg $350) – as you can imagine, $40 of that price was the shipping.

Exterior
33.36" x 28.44" x 18.23" (84.7 x 72.2 x 46.3 cm)
Interior
30.01" x 25.02" x 15.00" (76.2 x 63.5 x 38.1 cm)
Weight
34lbs

She's ready to go.

Sorry, no feedback on the generator. Bought it after Sandy at Costco and haven't even put the oil in yet.

The lid has molded screw stand-offs so mounting a piece of plywood to hang accessories will be a breeze.

Also recently done, but not shown in photos was the replacement of the driver/passenger side mirrors. The originals were so old that the previous owner had stuffed bubble wrap behind the glass in order to help limit the vibration at the mirror glass. Of course the power portion of the mirror no longer worked anymore either. Although these list for 1994 and up, they are a direct fit for my 93. I opted not to go with the tow mirrors for a couple reason - didn't like the look so much, the price for a powered mirrior was way out of range and didn't want to drill more holes in my already swiss cheesed sportsmobile.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00498 ... 01_s00_i00
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00498 ... 01_s00_i01
Old 01-03-2013, 08:09 AM   #46

Garage

cool, look forward to the bumper build. that box is pretty dang big for the price. did you know it came with a cute kid, or was that a suprise upon opening?

nice build. i like the oldschool colors inside. keep up the good work

love the vw too, always been fond of the way the vr6's sound. looks like a nice track setup... makes me wish we had a track closer. stuck with autox & hillclimbs till i get our van ready for road trips.

also, are those kosei wheels? if so are they the original color? i have a old set of them in a size and color they dont offer anymore and in some pix, they look very similar.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie
cool, look forward to the bumper build. that box is pretty dang big for the price. did you know it came with a cute kid, or was that a suprise upon opening?

nice build. i like the oldschool colors inside. keep up the good work

love the vw too, always been fond of the way the vr6's sound. looks like a nice track setup... makes me wish we had a track closer. stuck with autox & hillclimbs till i get our van ready for road trips.

also, are those kosei wheels? if so are they the original color? i have a old set of them in a size and color they dont offer anymore and in some pix, they look very similar.
thanks! yup, those are Kosei K1 wheels (15x8), originally silver. We rattlecanned them with some Rustoleum several seasons back. Surprising the paint has held up... albeit much darker now due to the brake dust. On a good day, the paint will get soft enough from brake heat that if we put the car in the trailer right after a run, our tie down straps will leave an impression in the gold paint.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #48

Garage

lol, yep. been there. the ole nylon strap graphics. easy to achieve, not as easy to get rid of, hahaha. the ones I have arent as wide (16x7.5), but theyre the original gunmetal color that was offered in the early 90's. love the color, wish it was still available

I really like the way your grill on the van turned out too. Im hitting the local salvage yards this weekend looking for that style grill. I dont care for my 03 version.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #49

It's amazing what tires, wheels and a little lift can do to change the look of these vans. Were you able to align the front end correctly? I would be interested in the dimension from ground to the edge of the fenderwell at the centerline of the front wheel.

Mike
MWL52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWL52
It's amazing what tires, wheels and a little lift can do to change the look of these vans. Were you able to align the front end correctly? I would be interested in the dimension from ground to the edge of the fenderwell at the centerline of the front wheel.

Mike
I have yet to do the alignment since the van is currently undergoing several other changes and doesn't have front seats at the moment. It won't be too long, though, before I do, since I will need to pick up the rear swing arm setup at some point. I'll report back.

I'll try and get you that dimension.