Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2018, 02:14 PM   #21

Garage

Raptor lined my top, middle stripe and bottom. The color didn't really come out super close on the top, its darker. The stupid shop I went to couldn't find a color code and we tried to visually match it but it turned out darker so I would suggest going a shade or 2 lighter than what you think to get a better match., seems to be holding up good the the many tree branches that drag on that beast of a top. Just sand and prep it really good. I have lots of pics of my process in my profile.

nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 04:57 PM   #22

I had the same problem! The line ex guy said it would fade or yellow if I tried to match so I will pick a diff color! The van is white so I may go silver or black not concerned about heat because the line ex insulates as well. I am sure it will be hotter but not worried!
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 04:55 PM   #23

Not your typical color match, but here's another example. The quality of the match varies greatly depending on the lighting. I'm sure some of it is due to the texture. The change is most noticeable at night, and not at all noticeable with the top up.

Daytime w/ glare:

Night shot (didn't buff this side because the door/fender are being replaced):

Top up:
Old 11-04-2018, 06:44 PM   #24

Looks great ARS13. Thanks for sharing
Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:46 PM   #25

Thanks for posting pics. You guys are encouraging me to go through with the color matched raptor liner.
Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:37 PM   #26

So do you call it Barney?
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 08:00 AM   #27
Site Team

Purple People Eater?
Old 11-05-2018, 10:11 AM   #28

I've heard them all!

Long story: back in 2017, my wife and I rented an RB converted van from Opt Overland named Magilla to try out the campervan with our two young girls (1 and 2yo at the time) and see whether we liked it. Opt Overland had purchased a number of Quigleys from a fleet that used purple vans, so it was purple (owner of the fleet's company is an LSU fan, I'm told).

We took a grand 10-day journey around my home state of Colorado, visiting places I've always wanted to go but never been despite living here my whole life. My girls had such a great time, and we all have such wonderful memories, we knew we had to buy a van. Dai at Opt just happened to have one EB left...so we bought it!

My 2yr old daughter couldn't pronounce "Purple Truck", so it came out "Puplguk". And it was so cute, we decided to keep the van purple and memorialize the name with custom plates. We're not the only purple van around--Magilla is still purple, and at least one other in FtC wasn't repainted. As far as I know, the others from the fleet were repainted though.

If you had told me 18 months ago that I'd be purchasing a 15-passenger van, let alone one that's purple, I would have asked what you're on... But to be honest, the color is quite endearing. People assume that anyone driving a purple van must be nice, and we've had lots of positive reactions and nice conversations (usually starting with Barney, Purple People Eater, Scoobymobile, etc.). Even if people laugh, I count that as a positive reaction. Oh, and it's super easy to find a lifted 4x4 pop-top purple EB van in even the largest parking lot!

On the topic of bias: while I was unloading the van on a recent trip to WI, a teenage-ish girl rode by on a bike and called out "I support your choice!" And of course, I just waved and gave her a thumbs-up, because I knew she was talking about the van color.

Edit: forgot that there's another upside to the purple color. Finally, a use for that purple eggplant emoji!
Old 08-05-2019, 10:02 AM   #29

That looks great @ars13! I want to do mine in white just like that!
Bigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 06:51 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibo View Post
Finally, a use for that purple eggplant emoji!
Bahaha! "Purplguk" is a cute story, but that eggplant emoji ... cracked me up.
Salem Kroger 4x4 Grrr (edit), fixed and drives like a dream!
WanderingBob is offline   Reply With Quote